Blackberry Holsters

otaku

Reaction score
Since I had nothing else, I first began using a Blackberry holster with my Droid. When it was inserted right-side-up, it did activate the car app and it did tend to drain my battery a bit quicker.

However, I found by inserting the phone upside-down into the holster does not activate the car dock. Sometimes it does activate the screen, I think because the phone recognizes the magnets for a split second as it is inserted into the holster. If I holster quickly, the screen will remain off (if it was off when inserted).

Just thought someone would find this interesting or informative.

OP
O

otaku

Reaction score
It's the same type that came with the Blackberry (wish the Droid came with one!), the RIM Blackberry Vertical Pouch (with rotating belt clip).

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I Had used the Voyager Holster since I got my BB Storm. Now since I have migrated to the DROID, I am still using it. The Sales Rep was using on on his Droid for a week before I bought mine, and gave a good report on it. So I have been using the one my BB was using, and I find I have no problems as long as the screen is pointing outwards. It fits like the case was made for it.