Blackberry Curve 8330 Owner from Baltimore, MD

96accord

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I currently own a Blackberry Curve 8330 (Verizon) and thinking about upgrading to the Droid but I still have over a year left on my 2yr contract :mad: - I am paying around $85/month (after taxes) for my BB Curve 8330 and just trying to save a bit here and there. I know a co-worker got the Droid and is spending around $75/month (after taxes) so that's about $10/month less ($120/year)...

I don't want to pay full price for the Droid so I am just curious about my options.

Any advice is appreciated.

Sorry for the n00b question lol :D

Thanks

-Jeff

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Heya and WELCOME here,

glad u made it. U already feel comfortable rite? So then why do u want the DROID? tha BlackBerry 8330 was one of the better BlackBerrys in my eyes....What advantages do u hope for?

Let us know bout.

Greetz
Tigger

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
Heya and WELCOME here,

glad u made it. U already feel comfortable rite? So then why do u want the DROID? tha BlackBerry 8330 was one of the better BlackBerrys in my eyes....What advantages do u hope for?

Let us know bout.

Greetz
Tigger
I agree (My wife has one), but that thing is kind of a dinosaur. It gets the job done, it's just not very pretty doing it.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I currently own a Blackberry Curve 8330 (Verizon) and thinking about upgrading to the Droid but I still have over a year left on my 2yr contract :mad: - I am paying around $85/month (after taxes) for my BB Curve 8330 and just trying to save a bit here and there. I know a co-worker got the Droid and is spending around $75/month (after taxes) so that's about $10/month less ($120/year)...

I don't want to pay full price for the Droid so I am just curious about my options.

Any advice is appreciated.

Sorry for the n00b question lol :D

Thanks

-Jeff

If you are the main account Holder you can actually upgrade for the 2 year price after 1 year, you just dont get the NE2 discount of 50 or 100.00. Find out when that year is and plan for that date.

keiichi25

Reaction score
Actually, at worse, you will be charged an extra $20 fee for early upgrade, but you will be able to get the phone with a 2 year contract price with the stipulation that you will re-up your contract for 2 years. That is what I did and I was a year and 3 months from my first contract.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually, at worse, you will be charged an extra $20 fee for early upgrade, but you will be able to get the phone with a 2 year contract price with the stipulation that you will re-up your contract for 2 years. That is what I did and I was a year and 3 months from my first contract.

But only if you are the primary line on the account. Secondary lines don't get those benefits.

OP
96accord

96accord

Reaction score
Heya and WELCOME here,

Let us know bout.

Greetz
Tigger

Hello Tigger,

Yeah I feel good here. People are cool and very helpful. My main advantage I am looking for is save a bit on monthly costs...

I barely use the BB to it's full benefits/advantages.. I don't use it on the BES. I rarely look at my hotmail email account since I don't have too many emails coming into there.. I don't use the internet since the screen is so damn small...

Pretty much the only thing I use on there is FaceBook Application/Text Messaging/BlackBerry Messenger sometimes and then talking on the phone...

As to why I would be looking to get the Driod... Save a bit a month. Bigger screen for surfing the web (if I would do that). GPS feature is a good thing since I don't have a GPS now.

To be honest I really haven't messed around with the Droid to know what would benefit me.

I agree (My wife has one), but that thing is kind of a dinosaur. It gets the job done, it's just not very pretty doing it.

Yeah I don't use the features that I thought I was gonna use... I rarely (if at all) use the internet since the screen is so damn small. I work in the Computer Field so I am in front of the computer most of the day or at home I have a laptop/desktop PC I use... I use my hotmail account on my BB but don't get too many emails so I rarely use that feature.

To be honest really the only thing I use is FaceBook Application/Text Messaging/Blackberry Messenger here and there.

If you are the main account Holder you can actually upgrade for the 2 year price after 1 year, you just dont get the NE2 discount of 50 or 100.00. Find out when that year is and plan for that date.

I am but not at 1yr yet :( That's like 6 months away lol

I am only about 6 months or so into my 2yr contract :(

But only if you are the primary line on the account. Secondary lines don't get those benefits.

I am the primary line on my account. My grandfather is on my account but as a secondary plan (not family plan).