Black screen

Reaction score
Ok I am just starting to understand flashing themes, roms, etc. I booted up to cwm to flash a new theme. I clicked on install zip from sd card and the screen went black, but my soft keys were still lit up. I did a battery pull, tried it again same thing. Battery pull again, and this time just tried to reboot system now, black screen again. What do I do? I would like to try this theme, but I would like my phone to boot up even more.

OP
coloradodrummer
Reaction score
I just tried to reflash the EC10SC292x_DXC.tar.md5 file and it didn't work either. What did I do?

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
Ok I am just starting to understand flashing themes, roms, etc. I booted up to cwm to flash a new theme. I clicked on install zip from sd card and the screen went black, but my soft keys were still lit up. I did a battery pull, tried it again same thing. Battery pull again, and this time just tried to reboot system now, black screen again. What do I do? I would like to try this theme, but I would like my phone to boot up even more.

Are you booting into blue recovery or red?

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 ComaVolt'd Fascinate

OP
coloradodrummer
Reaction score

Are you booting into blue recovery or red?

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 ComaVolt'd Fascinate

booting into red

Eugers

Reaction score

you probably just pressed the search button on your softpad when you were here.

OP
coloradodrummer
Reaction score

you probably just pressed the search button on your softpad when you were here.

I made sure I pressed the home key the last few times, It was stuck on a black screen. I flashed an older rom through odin, this one is booting up. Once this boots up, i will reflash 2.9.2 and try again later.

Mefloump

Reaction score
You can't flash a tar file. That needs to be done with odin. Things that can be flashed with cwm are zip files; roms, themes, kernels, etc. Odin requires you to put your phone in download mode in order to posh the tar files.

Sent from my SCH-I500

OP
coloradodrummer
Reaction score
Ok, I used the wrong lingo. I used odin again and got my phone back to 2.9.2, but I would like to try some themes still. What did I do wrong last time to get a black screen?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Mefloump

Reaction score
Hmmmm.....will have to do some playing. Never had that happen. Have you tried it since getting your phone back up and running?

Sent from my SCH-I500

OP
coloradodrummer
Reaction score
I have, it doesn't come up with as list of files from my sd card. How long should it take to show all the files?

Mefloump

Reaction score
I have never experienced a lag in the files showing up. Is your sd card mounted?

Sent from my SCH-I500

OP
coloradodrummer
Reaction score
I figured it out. I have been pressing the home soft key, and apparently I need to press the back soft key. I feel like an idiot....

Mefloump

Reaction score
Awsome. That was going to be my next guess. Happy flashing.

Sent from my SCH-I500