Black Notification Bar

puck3511

Reaction score
I have a rooted droid x and i dont want to flash any roms i just want a black notification bar. I have been looking and looking around the forums and cannot find just a black bar by itself. Is this even out there for the taking or am i outta luck? If somebody could point me in the right direction that would be GREAT!

bcals0087

Reaction score
download bootstrap for droid x, download rom manager, open bootstrap, hit 'bootstrap recovery', wait for success, press ok. Open rom manager, go into downloads section, find onyx concepts, download the blackbar. No need to wipe data, just hit install and it will boot you into recovery, and install it for you. black bar-wallah

mkcm97

Reaction score
I have a rooted droid x and i dont want to flash any roms i just want a black notification bar. I have been looking and looking around the forums and cannot find just a black bar by itself. Is this even out there for the taking or am i outta luck? If somebody could point me in the right direction that would be GREAT!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bgill55/91014-simple-black-bar-mod-blur-roms-armyranger.html

Go to the bottom of the op for download. By the way, you need to deodex in order to install themes or mods.

jyarbrough20

Reaction score
hey guys....i did this and it installed fine....only thing is....how do you get the clock white instead of black?

210droid

Reaction score
Oh ****! Forgot to tell you...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

F

Frik own a Stik

Umm you might have to SBF to get the phone back to normal, guess this guy just left ya hangin lol.

jyarbrough20

Reaction score
naw man....that's why you backup!! I installed backup, back to normal!

skennelly

Reaction score
download bootstrap for droid x, download rom manager, open bootstrap, hit 'bootstrap recovery', wait for success, press ok. Open rom manager, go into downloads section, find onyx concepts, download the blackbar. No need to wipe data, just hit install and it will boot you into recovery, and install it for you. black bar-wallah

Did this work? Can someone tell me if you do have to deodex? I have been looking for this notification bar as well. I am a semi-noob and sort of need very detailed instructions.

I already have Droid X Bootstrap and have done a nandroid backup. Also have ROM Manager. Do I need to do anything else other than the above instructions?

If so, what?

jyarbrough20

Reaction score
The bar installed fine for me.....its just that on my x the clock.stayed black as well as the" Verizon wireless" banner in the pulldown notification bar....... don't know bout the rest....but did not work for me

marnold2684

Reaction score
I could be wrong but i'm pretty sure that adw launcher will allow you to change the colors of the notification bar without even being rooted. at least i believe it was adw.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Home screen replacements can't change the notification bar.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App