Black Bar for Dummies

makaveliq3

Reaction score
Ok I know this thread is the most common question you guys get, but how do I get a black notification bar for my droid x on froyo 2.2 leak?

I'm shooting for the most simple, fail proof, idiot proof way.

I've done it before with luck but I updated to froyo 2.2 leak but never switched off of the leak because I didn't fully understand the sbf flashing and all that jazz so I've been on froyo 2.2 leak.

I'm sure this is a problem within itself when gingerbread hits but I'm happy with the OS atm and just want black bar notification bar for the time being.

May the phone gods of droidforums grant me this single wish?

sfacimma

Reaction score
Darkslide ROM has a black bar... Not sure if its specifically what you're looking for, but Im including a screenshot of what mine looks like.
aefc0087-26cf-0fdc.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

MaelstromOC

Reaction score
I've been wondering this myself and searching hasn't produced much for me in regard to wanting a black upper bar with flipped text color (as well as the notification slide down) while maintaining a stock look. What I eventually did was copy the framework file off my phone and change the images/text myself... I am rooted and Deodexed as well of course, you have to deodex, from my understanding, for the text changes to take.

I am really new to all of this as well, so pardon me if I may be mistaken with anything I say.

t.crawford714

Reaction score
I wish I could find a free DX so I could rom and theme and stuff without the worry of bricking and my parents killing me.....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
I use velocity 4 on my ally. The top bar is totally black with green icons. It also includes a script u can run to change the text color on and in the status bar. Its very easy to use and velocity appears very close to stock

lg ally <rooted velocity 0.4>
samsung fascinate <rooted>

OP
M

makaveliq3

Reaction score
yea like what you guys posted is what I'm looking for but I'll be honest I don't fully understand the process of doing ROMS and what happens to the phone if I do. I also don't want to loose some of the apps like widget locker and beautiful widgets. I lost them before on a factory reset. It sucked.

Their use to be an older change to just do a black bar. I don't think it works anymore
Dark Gray Status Bar and Transparent shade - xda-developers

This is the old thread I used to do it first. It looked GREAT. Had some quirks like random reboot when I plugged the phone into the computer.

This is kinda what I'm aiming to do. Just a black bar change. Unless I'm overthinking these ROMS and they are actually easier than I think.

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
Using roms is very easy. Just get an app to backup ur paid apps then backup ur phones data. Then when u flash a new rom and reappy user data. When ur phone comes back on all ya gotta do is a couple things. Everything comes right back up the same as u left it.

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App