Backup a 2.2 and a GB nandroid?

codustyle

Reaction score
Quick question.... can I add a rom to 2.2 like apex or rubix and fully theme it how I like and then make a clockwork mod backup, then restore my. 3.40 stock version and then flash over that the GB leak and then make a clockwork mod backup of GB?

I like the blur on gb. The status bar is cleaner and the blur bottom app tray blows any adw or launcher pro tray outrageous the water. But every once in a while I want to use the quicker apex or liberty toolbox. Plus I wifi tether, like once a month (and no cops have kicked in my door)... and they new gb makes it a hassle to freeze the status bar and then u don't get your notifications.

Im currently running the gb root leak, non deodexed. I tried to wipe data and restore my stock OTA clockwork back up and it went into a bootloop and I got scared and just reloaded my gb backup. Was that just a freak occurrence or does switching between gb and froyo backups not a good idea???

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
C

codustyle

Reaction score
Please help! Sorry prior post was long and drawn out..

Basically im asking if u can backup a froyo based rom or IT'S and than do a GB based backup..... then switch between the two whenever u want. Like restore the froyo u backed up while u were running gb and vice versa ..... make sense????

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

cubsfan187

Reaction score
From what I know the only way to go back to 2.2 after installing the GB leak is to SBF. 2.3 changes the baseband and kernal and it doesn't match up with 2.2. Now I could be wrong and if I am someone please tell me but that's how I understood it while reading on it.

matjmonk

Reaction score
From what I know the only way to go back to 2.2 after installing the GB leak is to SBF. 2.3 changes the baseband and kernal and it doesn't match up with 2.2. Now I could be wrong and if I am someone please tell me but that's how I understood it while reading on it.

That is my understanding also from all that I've read (and it has been alot!) about GB. If you try to restore the backup without doing the SBF, you're asking for some serious problems!

TheDroidAbides

Reaction score

That is my understanding also from all that I've read (and it has been alot!) about GB. If you try to restore the backup without doing the SBF, you're asking for some serious problems!

When the GB leak first came out it was unrooted and a lot of people installed it. Without root there was no way to flash and use CWM to restore so obviously SBFing back to Froyo before applying the prerooted GB that later came out was a necessity. But now that we can go from rooted Froyo to rooted GB, why can't we just restore the Froyo nandroid? On my OG Droid I could swap between Froyo and GB backups easily, even when the kernels were different. It it something with the bootstrapping process that prevents this from being done on the Droid X or are people just assuming SBF is the only option since those were the original instructions when installing the leak?

OP
C

codustyle

Reaction score
I mean I've got clockwork mod backups saved up a full liberty setup, full apex setup and full rubix setup already on my phone. then i sbf'd and installed the regular rooted gb leak and saved a back up of that, then i flashed the deodexed one on top of that and saved a backup. then i flashed the blurry bread rom and made a back up.

now i can only switch between the different GB's i have backed up. if i try to restore any of the froyo based rom back ups or even the 3.40 backup, it freezes up at the boot animation. then its hard as hell to get it into clockwork mod. i know you hold volume down and camera to get to bootloader, but i have to pull out the battery and cram a whole bunch of buttons and do it over and over until by some miracle the clockwork mod screen comes up. and ive tried twice......

it sucks cuz i really like the gb blur bottom tray and status bar, but sometime i want the feature of the old rom, and the ability to wirelessly tether without disabling the status bar. ......

guess ill just have to wait for the devs to do some work on the gb leak... cuz i dont see anything different about blurry bread, other than the lack of some bloat and the spare parts, which FC's on me anyways.....

80hd

Reaction score
[...or are people just assuming SBF is the only option since those were the original instructions when installing the leak?

I SBF'd back a few days after the first leak without considering that there is probably an easier way that hasn't found yet.

OP
C

codustyle

Reaction score
The new tbh ota gb blows the leak outta the water..... I know quadrant isn't that trustworthy but im consistently breaking 2000