Simple Black Bar (Metamorph)

K

kbatrph

Changing the clock colors or getting rid of the clock requires editing a .xml. Im still learning how to do that myself lol..

To apply this black bar that I have made after placing the extracted folder into the android themes folder on your sdcard. Go into metamorph and select pick existing theme. Then select the blackbar folder then click on the blackbar.xml. Select close on the pop up is just giving you theme info. The select one of the sub themes and click apply it. (Don't click the apply all that you see on the sub theme page) For framework-res your phone will reboot on its own. For the SystemUi you will have to pull the battery. Also on the SystemUi the notification bar will start force closing before the theme is done so give it some time. Its hard to see between the force closes but there is a box that says when it is done.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
so once both of these are applied, how do i make changes to the status bar, like making the clock color black instead of white? sorry if i should already know this

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
so once both of these are applied, how do i make changes to the status bar, like making the clock color black instead of white? sorry if i should already know this

It would be an xml edit in either values/colors.xml or values/drawables.xml...depending on what ROM you're using

OP
Z

Zane_Grey

Reaction score
It would be an xml edit in either values/colors.xml or values/drawables.xml...depending on what ROM you're using

Mbk, can you metamorph xml on gingerbread? I seem to remember being able to do it on froyo..its been so long! If so I could change the clock color and create a metamorph when I get some spare time.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mbk, can you metamorph xml on gingerbread? I seem to remember being able to do it on froyo..its been so long! If so I could change the clock color and create a metamorph when I get some spare time.

Can.... but the problem is that the mentioned XMLs are in the values folder, which is encapsulated in the resources.arsc file....and the problem with trying to MetaMorph an entire resources.arsc is that different ROMs have different resources.arsc and will likely cause major FC's...
As for other XMLs that are in the layout or other folders that aren't part of the resources.arsc file..those can have XMLs MM'd in...

EDIT: if you were to take the particular ROM's SystemUI and decompile it, make those changes in those XMLs, recompile it, then take the resources.arsc file and MetaMorph that into the same ROM, then that'd work...but only for the same ROM that the resources.arsc was from

Last edited:
K

kbatrph

I'm pretty sure that ROM status bar clock is controlled by a smali, which would be tough to isolate.
i'm sorry, but this tells me nothing....where would i even look for this smali thing????

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i'm sorry, but this tells me nothing....where would i even look for this smali thing????

lol... yeah android is a convoluted code...;)...but you're in luck,,, so it's a black clock you'd like for the TH3ORY ROM status bar??...

apply the MetaMorph attached...it was an XML edit and not smali, thank goodness

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Or even better yet after reading what you're trying to do...No Clock on the status bar...
Apply the MetaMorph.zip attached below and you'll have no clock at all at the top...

K

kbatrph

Or even better yet after reading what you're trying to do...No Clock on the status bar...
Apply the MetaMorph.zip attached below and you'll have no clock at all at the top...
ok, i flashed it using MetaMorph, it began force closing the status bar almost immediately...i took the battery out, rebooted the phone, clock is still white

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok, i flashed it using MetaMorph, it began force closing the status bar almost immediately...i took the battery out, rebooted the phone, clock is still white
Don't know what to tell you...I happen to have that ROM on my Bionic and tried both BlackClock and NoClock MMs and they both worked for me just fine.... hmmm, have you tried the no clock one?

EDIT:...pics of both coming below...no clcok, my blue theme clock, and black clock...

Last edited:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Also...when the status bar starts FC'ing, you don't really have to pull the battery if you can long-press the power button and when the shutoff options list comes up just press the force close tab and try to press the power off button in between the force closes... I'm pretty certain that you need to force close it a few times before you pull the battery or power off to ensure the MetaMorph takes...

K

kbatrph

Also...when the status bar starts FC'ing, you don't really have to pull the battery if you can long-press the power button and when the shutoff options list comes up just press the force close tab and try to press the power off button in between the force closes... I'm pretty certain that you need to force close it a few times before you pull the battery or power off to ensure the MetaMorph takes...

could you please send me the file for the "no clock" mod? have tried flashing the black clock file several times and no go......thank you

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
could you please send me the file for the "no clock" mod? have tried flashing the black clock file several times and no go......thank you

If you've downloaded the no clock metamorph, then you already have the xml,.....look in the AndroidThemes folder that you have the MM.zip in...
I can put that ibto the stock systemUI.apk and make an update.zip for you to flash, but then you'd have to do the black status bar mod afterwards

here's an update.zip with the mod, flash it via recovery...

Last edited:
OP
Z

Zane_Grey

Reaction score
Thanks for helping Mbk..I just got out of school couldn't post