Black/blank photos

Prissfaerie

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (second Gen)
Twitter
Prissfaerie
Im using a Moto X sencond gen eunninf on 5.1. I have a problem where some of my vacation photos are showing in the gallery and Photos as blank. When you open the thumbnail it is still blank. Photos taken before and after appear fine. I know this used to periodically happen with other versions of the OS but those solutions haven't solved my problem.

My battery was low and I was in a remote rural area that had no service but I don't think this should matter.

Any ideas?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I just went through the same thing with a bunch of videos and photos that were saved to a bad micro card.

There is a process that retrieves the missing info from the lost. Dir if you haven't tried that. There are many articles that come up for it with a Google search.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I just went through the same thing with a bunch of videos and photos that were saved to a bad micro card.

There is a process that retrieves the missing info from the lost. Dir if you haven't tried that. There are many articles that come up for it with a Google search.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
That was going to be my comment. Sounds like a bad Micro SD card. If not that, then data was corrupted on the phone itself and may be a sign of bigger issues.

Also, low battery could have something to do with it, but these devices generally warn you when you're trying to take a picture and the battery is too low, so it's unlikely that the battery level was the culprit.