BitTorrent's new "Shoot" app allows for Phone to Phone Sharing

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

BitTorrent was the first peer to peer client to use the BitTorrent protocol. Of course it wasn't invented to share illegally downloaded movies, music, and software, but this is what it is known for now. Today the mega client released an Android app that allows you to share Photo's and Videos quickly and easily between phones. This is super convenient for those times you are out with friends and family and they just love the shot you took on your phone and want a copy of the picture.

Of course you could upload your photos to dropbox and share the download link with your friends, but that is a bit complicated and time consuming. You could text the image or email it, but even that can be clunky especially if you trying to share multiple photos or videos at once. If sharing videos you have to lower the quality to share via text and sometimes to share via email.

"Shoot" can share large uncompressed files between devices. It does require you to have the app on both phones. On the receiving end you can choose the files you would like to send. As the receiver all you have to do is tap to receive and then scan the QR code from the senders phone. The app is free and you can send 3 files for free per day after which you can pay $1.99 for unlimited sends. Grab this app from the link below.

via Play Store

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would argue that Bittorrent is also known for malware infections that rival the number of stars in the sky..............

Reactions: cr6

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
With bittorrent you get to choose what you are sending or receiving. If you are computer illiterate you are bound to find problems. I've used it since it's inception with no issues.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
One might also say we don't promote and/or discuss pirating ANY files, (per our forum rules & guidelines) regardless of whether it's a new release movie download or a picture of grandma's 80th birthday party.
Perhaps someone above my pay grade can weigh in.

S5 tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
One might also say we don't promote and/or discuss pirating ANY files, (per our forum rules & guidelines) regardless of whether it's a new release movie download or a picture of grandma's 80th birthday party.
Perhaps someone above my pay grade can weigh in.

S5 tap'n
I would agree that using BitTorrent for any illicit activity is a violation of our forum guidelines, however as has been pointed out, file transfer protocols such as BitTorrent are used widely for legitimate purposes as well.

I'm in the banking industry and there are many times when I've had something on my phone that I needed to get to someone else nearby, such as a form or client document and instead of having to go through 15 sets of hoops and transferring files via the Internet to PC or stored on Cloud Servers, and then pulled down from the cloud servers or PCs onto the other phone, or emailed which is painstakingly slow and file size is often limited by the email server being used, this app would make life extremely simple in those situations. Also since it's peer to peer, it would be highly secure rather than having the files first floating around in cyberspace.