Birdmans Droid X Rom " FLY X " Is getting finishing touches as we Speak

vannett

Reaction score
got it

Thanks for the help guys. I was using my bb so I could put the sbf on the memory card. It didnt work. For some reason my battery wasn't charging so I couldn't use the bootloader either... I brought my laptop into Verizon and pulled a battery from the display model
and booted the sbf right in the store. Got it working!

Droidx 2.2 flyx rom with 928s black glass theme

Dxun

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I was using my bb so I could put the sbf on the memory card. It didnt work. For some reason my battery wasn't charging so I couldn't use the bootloader either... I brought my laptop into Verizon and pulled a battery from the display model
and booted the sbf right in the store. Got it working!

Droidx 2.2 flyx rom with 928s black glass theme

This is exactly what im running. Combo is working GREAT for me!

lordloki

Reaction score
two quick questions for a bit of a n00b on the droid x scene.

first (and most important) -- are they are DX flyx users that have logmein ignition installed? When I search the android market for it, it doesn't come up (but it does on my friends froyo droid (original)). is this a DX problem? or a flyx issue? or DX 2.2? (or is it perhaps specific to my phone?)

second -- can i install 2.3.13 over flyx? Or do I need to revert to stock 2.2. leak? I tried once, and it hung out at the M a while (20+ mins) before I yanked the battery. when it came back up i had a screwed up, non-rooted version of the stock 2.2 that still kinda thought it was flyx. i went back to my flyx rom and regained root with no issue, but I am still on 2.3.9

thanks!!

Dxun

Reaction score

first (and most important) -- are they are DX flyx users that have logmein ignition installed? When I search the android market for it, it doesn't come up (but it does on my friends froyo droid (original)). is this a DX problem? or a flyx issue? or DX 2.2? (or is it perhaps specific to my phone?)

second -- can i install 2.3.13 over flyx? Or do I need to revert to stock 2.2. leak? I tried once, and it hung out at the M a while (20+ mins) before I yanked the battery. when it came back up i had a screwed up, non-rooted version of the stock 2.2 that still kinda thought it was flyx. i went back to my flyx rom and regained root with no issue, but I am still on 2.3.9

thanks!!

You need the build.prop apk to fix your market issues.

I thought to install 2.3.13 you need 2.1 installed? Pretty sure about that.

steeleshark2

Reaction score

thanks!!

You need the first 2.2 Froyo before you install 2.3.13 onto the Droid X. I did mine yesterday and have zero issues with it.

Dxun

Reaction score

thanks!!

You need the first 2.2 Froyo before you install 2.3.13 onto the Droid X. I did mine yesterday and have zero issues with it.

Yeah i wasn't sure about that. I was thinking 2.3.13 was the stock image that can be downloaded via Rom Manager.

steeleshark2

Reaction score

Yeah i wasn't sure about that. I was thinking 2.3.13 was the stock image that can be downloaded via Rom Manager.

Other people have reported bricking going from 2.1.

dubznup421

Reaction score
I'm a noob in desperate need of some help here. I have recently rooted my droid x running 2.2 froyo and decided to get birdman's flyx rom. I have rom manager and the droid x bootstrap. I have downloaded the flyx rom and when i try to install it i keep getting an error that says failed to verify whole-file signature. Someone please let me know what im doing wrong here....

validoption

Reaction score
Pass on FlyX. He's stopped supporting it.

I'm a noob in desperate need of some help here. I have recently rooted my droid x running 2.2 froyo and decided to get birdman's flyx rom. I have rom manager and the droid x bootstrap. I have downloaded the flyx rom and when i try to install it i keep getting an error that says failed to verify whole-file signature. Someone please let me know what im doing wrong here....

lemm

Reaction score
yeah that was one of the first roms for the dx and it really didn't do a whole lot compared to what is out there now

keep looking

Boblank

Reaction score
It sounds like the file is corrupt. If you do want to stick with flyx (i also don't recommend, much newer supported roms out there) I would try re downloading it, make sure to check the box to wipe.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

dubznup421

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I actually had to end up manually downloading the file to my pc then moving it to my add and installing it through bootstrap. I would love to hear some suggestions of some roms you think would benefit me in my search for the ultimate droid :) thx for all your help

paulp04

Reaction score
I definitely recommend rubiX. There is a blurry version as well as the de-blurred version which I prefer. I've run them all and have backups of them to and compare them frequently. Rubix Focused is the fastest and is very stable. Tranquility has some really nice tools that I use from time to time.
Good luck! Make sure you make backups at all crucial update times. Make sure you are stable before moving to the next step!

Sent via DROID X 2.2.1 rooted running Rubix Focused 1.8.6 overclocked @ 1.25ghz on Verizon Wireless

dubznup421

Reaction score
Okay I think ill go with that. I really hate to bother you but can I use rom manager to download and install it? Also can I install it right over flyx or is there something I need to do before installing it? Thank you so much for all your help!!

Boblank

Reaction score
The newest version is 1.8.6 I don't believe the newest version is on rom manager. You can find it on these forums though.

You can install over flyx just wipe data/cach then install zip