Bionic Update (5.9.901.en.US)

Sweet! Anyone with root brave enough to try it yet and see if it breaks root or not? Not I, I'll wait and see how it pans out. lol

I would if we knew if this was official or not... and what it does.

Also, fantom, what are the default permissions for those files in the /cache dir? 644?

I am tempted to flash this... I don't want to lose root though... choices...

Can you put it in /cache, run "System updates" and see if you get the same dialogue box? If so you should just be able to freeze the Updater like I did until someone with bigger b@##s runs it.;)

I would if we knew if this was official or not... and what it does.

Also, fantom, what are the default permissions for those files in the /cache dir? 644?

Both files, Owner "Read", Owner "Write" are checked. All others are unchecked. I can only spell Linux as NOOB... sorry. Does that equal 644?

Both files, Owner "Read", Owner "Write" are checked. All others are unchecked. I can only spell Linux as NOOB... sorry. Does that equal 644?

644 looks like this:

x x o
x o o
x o o

x = checks

has anyone attempted to flash this from stock recovery without downloading it from official OTA (via the link provided is what I mean)?

has anyone attempted to flash this from stock recovery without downloading it from official OTA (via the link provided is what I mean)?

if we could find ANY info about this I'd do it... don't need to be rooted and trust we'd get it again eventually anyway

644 looks like this:

x x o
x o o
x o o

x = checks

Using Root Explorer shows me the following...
Owner: x x 0
Group: 0 0 0
Others: 0 0 0

I operate Root Explorer mounted as r/o. Too chicken to mount R/W. Does this affect the permissions?

I did but it didn't work. Tried it through stock recovery. Error mentioned something about verifying build.prop. I made sure to unfreeze all bloat before doing this. Note that im on 5.7.893 and perm rooted.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Any info one what this fixes? I'm guessing 5.5.893 didn't have the results Verizon was looking for. No info doing a Google search. Verizon trying to fix the data drop problem? Back to back system updates... kinda strange!

Are you rooted / have cheesecake installed? Or did this come as an Official OTA? Just verifying. I think someone posted earlier in a different thread that they were completely stock / not rooted and got this update pushed to them so it would have to be via an official path.

Are you rooted / have cheesecake installed? Or did this come as an Official OTA? Just verifying. I think someone posted earlier in a different thread that they were completely stock / not rooted and got this update pushed to them so it would have to be via an official path.

I upgraded from the X to the Bionic (System version 5.5.886) just last week and within a day it wanted to update to 5.5.893. I didn't have root to lose so I installed the update and was able to root the phone over the weekend. About 4:45 pm today (yesterday now) the phone started "droiding" me back to back. I thought a coworker was messing with me but when the second round of "droids" sounded I check who the bas%@#d was texting me and was presented with the screen shown in the initial post. I froze the the updater with TB. Everything is working just fine other than the data drops so I'm not too keen on updating and possibly loosing root. If it works... don't fix it. ;) Searching a few forums yielded no hits on 5.9.901 and Google also came up with nothing. This was an OTA push from Verizon in Virginia Beach.

I tried to run it both through bootstrap and stock recovery to no prevail. I get the build.prop error.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I just flashed it and thank you Big Red for even more bloatware ;)
ROOT GO BYE BYE...:frown: Haven't really noticed any big improvements. I tried to Zerg root and no luck... :frown:

Back