Bionic to nexus

JJDH

Reaction score
Since the bionic still doesn't switch properly from 3 to 4 g I decided to take Verizon up on their offer and switch to the nexus. I liked the look and feel of the bionic but it is so unreliable I have ti ditch it. For once Verizon is making good in their promise and actually following through. Any thought on the device switch?
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Congrats on the Gnex!

~it's not just a phone~

Flandry

Reaction score
I like Motorola phones a lot and was concerned the GN wouldn't measure up in some significant ways. I've found it to be a great, if not perfect move. I think:

The screen is much sharper and more vibrant than the Bionic - no screen door effect. Black text on white has much more contrast.

Phone quality is surprisingly good. On par with the Bionic. But the speaker volume is disappointing. A third-party app like Volume+ can help.

Battery life is comparable in use, better on standby. The Verizon extended battery at it's $25 sale price helps without making the phone much thicker.

Both have so-so cameras. But I think overall the GN camera is better. Especially with third-party software (I'm using Camera Zoom)

ICS is a terrific interface - a major step up. But some apps in the market aren't compatible.

The memory access is faster, but the lack of removeability is annoying. You'll want to set up something like Dropbox to get back file transfer capabilities.

Hope you don't like accessories like docks. You'll find much less choice. But there are a number of cases now.

I do think it's a good move overall and I'm glad to see Verizon's doing the right thing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
JJDH

JJDH

Reaction score
Good stuff

OP
JJDH

JJDH

Reaction score
Well it isn't that they allowed me to switch, from the first week the phone had data issues and they kept promising all these updates would fix it, so it was an ongoing tab of if you want to swap out you can but wait and see if updates fix it. Don't get me wrong it was like pulling teeth at first to get them to honor their promise this far down the road. Once I finally had a respectable supervisor handle the call and review the history they made good on their word. I got the bionic in november I think.

OP
JJDH

JJDH

Reaction score
Just one replacement under insurance because the phone somehow jumped out if my hand and bounced off the wall and the screen shattered!

gmorgan056

Reaction score
Ouch! lol well i'm on my 3rd Bionic in a month. It started with the .893 update, it wouldn't take the update. I took it in, and of course they said they could only send a refurb. Then the refurb's data kept dropping. Called, and they sent another refurb. Now this refurb is doing the same thing, but also dropping wifi. They said after the second that if this one had issues they would consider sending me a different phone.

droidxd00d

Reaction score
Did you try the .901 update yet? Its been very helpful for me. I want a nexus eventually but I think I'm going to wait a month or two and get a used one for 300$ so I can keep both.

gmorgan056

Reaction score
Did you try the .901 update yet? Its been very helpful for me. I want a nexus eventually but I think I'm going to wait a month or two and get a used one for 300$ so I can keep both.

I did with he 1st refurb and it didn't help anything.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Congrats on the switch to the Nexus, but wrong part of the forum? :p

OP
JJDH

JJDH

Reaction score
Lol. Hey general discussion......:)

OP
JJDH

JJDH

Reaction score
Moved to where? This thread is about two phones so the DROID general area seemed suitable.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
It was moved to Gnex Gen Discussion...

~it's not just a phone~