(BIONIC)Tips to make Battery life Longer! :)

Suuperflie

Reaction score
I get home from work roughly 12 hours after I take the phone off the charger. I turn 4g and wifi off because I don't get wifi at work. I only use 4g for things I need it for. When I get home after 12 hours off charge I still have 80% battery left. Only use it about an hour and a half total during work between my breaks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Concistency

Reaction score
Here is my tip, lol. Extended Battery, Liberty or Eclipse rom works good for me, make sure WiFi isn't always searching. I'm not a intensely heavy user, but I can get about 3 days with a fair day of usage.

cebosound

Reaction score
some interesting tips here.

I have had my bionic for about 5 days. I definitely noticed the lack of battery life. It made me realize that I am glad I didn't get the Razr, because it would drive me crazy to not have options like extended battery and/or replacement battery. This 4G takes up some serious juice.

Today I decided I liked my Bionic enough to keep it for the long run. So this morning I rooted my bionic and installed the latest "Liberty" ROm. THis rom is great for helping battery life. I have noticed a difference with regular use, I will have a better idea over the next few days. All the bloat is gone , and Liberty runs great, as far as im conserned. :)

I too agree, that I shouldn't have to toggle back and forth between settings to help with battery life. Especially since I don't consider myself a "Power User". When I am at work (atleast 8 hours per day) I don't use my phone much. Some browsing during breaks. ............ but at the same time, If thats what it took , I would do it. and i will definitely keep the teams ideas in mind.

Will we (boinic people) ever get that software the Razr uses; that manages these features based on GPS, etc. ?

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score
Will we (boinic people) ever get that software the Razr uses; that manages these features based on GPS, etc. ?

Tasker does that, and a whole lot more. You can get it from the Market or direct from the developer.

spooner2007

Reaction score
Sucks

So i have an ok battery, battery off the charger at 0700 and at 50% @ 10 to 12, i am a really heavy user. I bought the extended battery and only got an additional 2 hours, when the Bionic first came out... returned the battery... battery still sucks but wth lol!

dancedroidI LOVE MY BIONIC!!!!!:icon_ banana:

cebosound

Reaction score
I have had my Bionic for about a week now. I can tell you my battery life has improved drastically since day 1-3. Factors may include "breaking the battery in" a bit; I think after a few cycles it is performing more true to from. My wifi was set to constantly search for signal; so I changed that ........ Also, I have since rooted my phone and I am running the latest Liberty Rom. This is probably the biggest factor; this Rom is very efficient, got rid of a lot of the blur bloat and is smooth as butter. :)

So I am considering an extended battery, but for the time being my Bionic is doing well on just the stock battery.

Overall, I am loving my Bionic also! .................................. ...... not even worried about Razr / Nexus anymore. (not a big fan of HTC, so no rezound consid)

lm2

Reaction score
Wow, got the extended battery in my stocking and it makes my bionic feel like a wholly different phone. No sense yet of the extra battery life, but the phone now feels like a tank. Honestly not sure if I'll get used to it or not.

CBdubz

Reaction score
I refuse to have to take steps like that to save battery life. The phone should do it all by itself or there should be an app that can do it automatically.
theres an app called Easy Battery Saver and its free

phildavis516

Reaction score
Juice Defender Ultimate and an extended life battery together are awesome. Take my phone off the charger at 5 am and use it all I want and by midnight I still have 50-60% battery left.

RETUSAFNCO

Reaction score
wilboy, thanks for the advice...i downloaded the data switch app, wifi toggle, and the bluetooth app as I have a wireless headset that I use for music. When not in use I switch off my data, wifi, and bluetooth. It has been 34 hours and my battery is at 30%. I regularly check and respond to email and facebook and listen to music but turn off data when not in use. Thanks again!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums