Bionic Reviews, Tips, and problems

OP
Lanops

Lanops

Reaction score
Where can we find this problem described?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Lanops

Lanops

Reaction score
Well i did find out its not just this app, its. Few others. Weird thing is that after a, non wanted or manually executed reboot, they mysteriously were reinstalled with all the data. I did unmount the sdcard a few times so that my have fixed it. Not sure at this point.

This 'smartphone' has an attitude and is being a smartypants! Think im gonna have to dumb it up a bit lol. As long as it doesnt wake me up in the middle of the night, and as long as i dont get my throat slit by it, im good. Just have to deal with the small issues. But i can say this thread is becoming very helpful.

Jelem1880

Reaction score
I have that same problem, very irritating.

OP
Lanops

Lanops

Reaction score
Im not too thrilled with this phones brains. It seems to not want to run properly. Reboots constantly, the vibrate/silent button changes back to sound all the time on its own while in my pocket. Transfer of movies is terribly hard and extremely long. Apps dont stay installed, and for some reason my ringtones always change back to the default from when u get the phone.

I have tried to cope, but too much wrong with it to keep the device.
The phone is going back today. I will return to my X until a better phone comes out.

redwood

Reaction score
Im not too thrilled with this phones brains. It seems to not want to run properly. Reboots constantly, the vibrate/silent button changes back to sound all the time on its own while in my pocket. Transfer of movies is terribly hard and extremely long. Apps dont stay installed, and for some reason my ringtones always change back to the default from when u get the phone.

I have tried to cope, but too much wrong with it to keep the device.
The phone is going back today. I will return to my X until a better phone comes out.

Pretty sure you have a bad one, suggest you swap it before evaluating it based on that particular unit. My unit has been great apart from a couple of minor bugs, nothing like what you described.

TeeX

Reaction score
Pretty sure you have a bad one, suggest you swap it before evaluating it based on that particular unit. My unit has been great apart from a couple of minor bugs, nothing like what you described.

agreed. I love mine!

OP
Lanops

Lanops

Reaction score
Alrighty. Got a new one now. The local store helped me
Out. They extended my 14 day trial another 5 days.

So far, the sound/mute issue so far seems to already be fixed. Will check the other stuff tomorrow and report.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

TeeX

Reaction score
Alrighty. Got a new one now. The local store helped me
Out. They extended my 14 day trial another 5 days.

So far, the sound/mute issue so far seems to already be fixed. Will check the other stuff tomorrow and report.

good to hear! Glad you gave it another try, hopefully you got a good one :)

OP
Lanops

Lanops

Reaction score
Yea i hope so too. So far its been good all day. Havnt had any issues with the previously described. Only issue so far now is the movie transfer deal. Will test that tonight.

Only because of the input here in this topic and the suggestions from Motorola, have i decided to stick with the device for now.

JimJ

Reaction score
Got mine on the 8th. Had problem half-dozen times with it going "dead" for no apparent reason. Had to do battery pull (which is not fun) each time to get it restarted. Battery hog on 4G, too. Took it back yesterday.

TeeX

Reaction score
Got mine on the 8th. Had problem half-dozen times with it going "dead" for no apparent reason. Had to do battery pull (which is not fun) each time to get it restarted.

I've had this twice. Once last week, and once today. Really not a huge deal, but if my phone shuts off without me noticing, I might miss an important call, text, or email. Plus, it happened today when I was trying to calibrate my battery. grrrr....

Anyone heard anything about fixes for this and/or losing all data (3G or 4G) signal? When that happens I have to toggle wifi off/on or do a quick reboot.

Other than these two things, I'm completely satisfied. My phone's rocking awesome battery life so I don't want to chance getting a dud on trade-in.

Niemo435

Reaction score
Same Issue

I was trying to relocate two setting that I stumblied on and passed through during my initial setup and now can't find them again. The first was something along the lines of quiet time (turns notifications and data off during set times). Also there was a dialog that prompted something along the line of 'Always use wifi if available". Not that I want to set it but I was wondering where I would toggle that on/off. Thanks in advance (Coming from the droid 1 running CM7. Missing CM, but still exploring .

I was wondering the same thing. I work graveyards and that quiet time setting is a bugger. I cant find it in the settings, can I get some direction? Thanks all:)

Atr631

Reaction score
Gonna miss my return window. This phone is a glitchy piece of crap. My original Moto Droid was awesome.

MisfitYash

Reaction score
I just recently purchased the Bionic as well and when I'm in camera mode, its very glitchy and it keeps twitching. After that- it froze on me and then restarts. Not too impressed!.