Bionic problems

jkliving92

Reaction score
i find it funny how so many of you keep going back to a manufacturer that you clearly have issues with unreliable hardware. havent any of you thought of maybe trying HTC or samsung? after as many phones as the people in the thread have gone through im honestly shocked you people keep going with motorola. it makes no sense.

OP
treefrog20012003
Reaction score
Actually I have an upgrade available and plan on taking a nexus. I'm done with Motorola. I thought after the OG Droid they would still make a good phone, guessed wrong on that. It took four phones to get one that had functional hdmi and Verizon would not give in to another phone. I hoped to find a good rep that would let me but no luck there and where I'm at Verizon is the only one that gets service at my home.

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"

jkliving92

Reaction score
Actually I have an upgrade available and plan on taking a nexus. I'm done with Motorola. I thought after the OG Droid they would still make a good phone, guessed wrong on that. It took four phones to get one that had functional hdmi and Verizon would not give in to another phone. I hoped to find a good rep that would let me but no luck there and where I'm at Verizon is the only one that gets service at my home.

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"

thats cool. i like motorola but they do have some minor hardware issues. i had a droid x that had a bad headphone jack and my replacement kept rebooting throughout the day (was actually a stock keyboard issue), and not to mention the issues a lot of people had with the bionic radio. i have heard however that samsung generally is bad about signal issues also. the only manufacturer that i havent actually heard anything negative hardware wise is HTC. just the software security issues. haha. id still take the nexus over anything right now though.

OP
treefrog20012003
Reaction score
I'm going to the vzw store after work, see what the nexus has to offer. The bionic I have now works, I mean everything, and is flawless since I had a tpu case on it from day one. I figure I'll sell it to make up the cost of the upgrade and only have to pay for one upgrade. I seen the nexus once and love the screen so I'll see tonight. I might have to get a cast iron cup to protect myself from the wife but it would be worth it.

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"

jkliving92

Reaction score
I'm going to the vzw store after work, see what the nexus has to offer. The bionic I have now works, I mean everything, and is flawless since I had a tpu case on it from day one. I figure I'll sell it to make up the cost of the upgrade and only have to pay for one upgrade. I seen the nexus once and love the screen so I'll see tonight. I might have to get a cast iron cup to protect myself from the wife but it would be worth it.

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"

:happy3: they just dont understand. haha.

unbesorgt

Reaction score

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"

I would think twice before trading a "flawless" Bionic for a Nexus that may end up causing you more problems. Moto isn't the only company to suffer from quality control issues. Have you checked out the Nexus forum? Lots of issues with that phone as well. I would take a flawless Bionic over a Nexus of unknown quality any day. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

map0824

Reaction score
I went through 4 bionics when Verizon finally offered a different phone. I decided to get away from Motorola for the sake of my sanity. I got the Rezound and it has been perfect. No data drops.No random reboots. Sense is a little different but its been fun playing with something different.

Sent from my Rezound using DroidForums