Bionic is removing my apps on its own

heeroic

Reaction score
I keep losing the apps I install because the phone removes them somehow. The shortcuts stay on my screens and folders but when I click on them it says they are not installed and I have to re download them. But all the cache and login info returns. Anyone have any clue to this? I've rebooted several times and removed several apps to no avail.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

blackngray70

Reaction score
Go to Manage Applications and move them from the SD card to Phone.

It's a known issue with the Bionic apps cannot be stored on the SD card.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
H

heeroic

Reaction score
I had suspected that. Thank you for confirming my suspicions. Any advise on my screen shutting off randomly when I have my settings on 1 minute?

fizband

Reaction score
just a suggestion but try turning in pocket detection OFF. that worked for me.

heavyfd

Reaction score
What do you mean apps cannot be stored on the sd card...thats ridiculous...i hope that is a problem that they are addressing for a future update...mine is pulling the same crap...getting tired of all these little bugs....a 600 dollar phone shouldnt have these kinds of problems

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
There are many threads on this already. An update is scheduled for early November, 1 of 2 updates announced, that will fix this issue. For now, the temporary workaround is goto settings/applications/manage applications/media center, make sure nothing is checked, if it is, move the app to the phone for now.

OP
H

heeroic

Reaction score
Yeah those workarounds are working for me for the moment. I heard about the fix coming in november and.read the whitelist but didn't see anything on the app issue but it.might not have been the complete list. I'm hopeful they will address the issues and it has not inconvenienced me that bad.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yeah those workarounds are working for me for the moment. I heard about the fix coming in november and.read the whitelist but didn't see anything on the app issue but it.might not have been the complete list. I'm hopeful they will address the issues and it has not inconvenienced me that bad.

It's on the list, but kind of misworded. It says shortcuts disappearing, I know for a fact that Motorola is aware of the issue.

Last edited:

TatDroid

Reaction score
What do you mean apps cannot be stored on the sd card...thats ridiculous...i hope that is a problem that they are addressing for a future update...mine is pulling the same crap...getting tired of all these little bugs....a 600 dollar phone shouldnt have these kinds of problems
Mind if I ask you how that's a problem?

Did you know that the Bionic has 4GB of internal storage that is reserved for apps? You will have an extremely difficult time filling that space any time soon! My 200+ apps are using considerably less than 1GB of storage space.

Did you know that the 4GB of app storage space on the Bionic can ONLY be used for app storage? Is there a reason that you'd rather move apps to the SD card and leave that 4GB of space unused?

I realize that we've all be trained to MOVE TO SD. That's an old habit, forced on us by old hardware - old phones with 500mb of app storage space, or less (I'm lookin' at you, OG DROID).

Welcome to the 21st century! Time to unlearn old habits...

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Mind if I ask you how that's a problem?

Did you know that the Bionic has 4GB of internal storage that is reserved for apps? You will have an extremely difficult time filling that space any time soon! My 200+ apps are using considerably less than 1GB of storage space.

Did you know that the 4GB of app storage space on the Bionic can ONLY be used for app storage? Is there a reason that you'd rather move apps to the SD card and leave that 4GB of space unused?

I realize that we've all be trained to MOVE TO SD. That's an old habit, forced on us by old hardware with 500mb of app storage space (or less - I'm lookin' at you, OG DROID). Welcome to the 21st century! Time to unlearn old habits...

Actually it has 8 gigs for apps and pics, etc. 8 for dedicated system software. 16 gigs total.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Actually it has 8 gigs for apps and pics, etc. 8 for dedicated system software. 16 gigs total.
Interesting. I thought it was: 4GB apps, 4GB system files, 8GB "media area" - for pics, music, files, etc.

EDIT: This Motorola FAQ addresses this.

Last edited:

wilboy

Reaction score
Actually this is it...
Memory / Processor

• Dual core 1 GHz processor
  • 1 GB of LP DDR2 RAM
  • 16GB internal memory for emails, texts, and apps –actual formatted capacity will be less
  • 16GB microSD card pre installed
  • Virtually limitless contacts (only constraint is on–board memory (16GB)
Shades was right!! :)

Last edited:

ka1z0ku

Reaction score
Just had this happen to me this morning. My DroidForums app and a couple others were nowhere to be found. Even under the MyApps category in the market they weren't under "not installed", they were just gone. Had to reinstall like they were brand new. Could it be a Market issue or something going wrong with the Backup feature on the Bionic? Oh I should mention I have 3.24 gb of app storage left and am definitely using Internal not SD card.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Just had this happen to me this morning. My DroidForums app and a couple others were nowhere to be found. Even under the MyApps category in the market they weren't under "not installed", they were just gone. Had to reinstall like they were brand new. Could it be a Market issue or something going wrong with the Backup feature on the Bionic? Oh I should mention I have 3.24 gb of app storage left and am definitely using Internal not SD card.

Read this thread again. In the media area, make sure nothing is checked. If it is, uncheck it.

Last edited:

TatDroid

Reaction score
Actually this is it...
Memory / Processor

• Dual core 1 GHz processor
  • 1 GB of LP DDR2 RAM
  • 16GB internal memory for emails, texts, and apps –actual formatted capacity will be less
  • 16GB microSD card pre installed
  • Virtually limitless contacts (only constraint is on–board memory (16GB)
Shades was right!! :)
I don't understand. How does that show how the internal storage is divided?

Yes, I understand there is both internal SDcard storage as well as removable microSD card storage. We were talking about just the 16GB of INTERNAL storage. The link I posted from Moto (see my post #11) says the internal storage is partitioned 4GB/4GB/8GB, as I said in my post. Unless I missed something, your post doesn't mention how the 16GB of internal storage is broken down, does it?

Last edited: