Bionic is removing my apps on its own

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Since using the work around I've had no apps drop off, I too agree that we need to relearn the habit of taking up our removable space with apps that we'd only have to reload when swapping sd cards... Oh yeah, they fixed that problem by actually listening and evolving the device beyond the original work around for limited internal memory (froyo's move to sd card), lol...
Anyone else's head spinning? Or am I the only one that appreciates the irony of finally having a device that keeps apps on the device and my swappable data on cards that I can access without a battery pull, hot swappable, and as data specific as my anal retentive, ocd (wife's 2cents interjection lol) , personality dictates... Cheers to progress! And as an aside? Wether 4g or 8g... That is at or better than the entire hard drive (20 gig) of my still functioning.. Acer laptop purchased in 1998...
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using adD,

Last edited:

dsimmelink

Reaction score
OK good to know as I have had this problem too. Also, fyi my droid 3 had the exact same issue so looks like it is a software thing and not hardware. So fingers crossed for a fix soon!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ka1z0ku

Reaction score
Read this thread again. In the media area, make sure nothing is checked. If it is, uncheck it.

Understand, two of the apps that seemed to disappear last time I installed them (Battleheart and DroidForums) were, in fact, checked. So I unchecked them. Thanks for the tip!

TatDroid

Reaction score
What "media area" are you talking about? Not sure if I have seen an area called this?

It's the portion of the internal memory that is available for you to store your data (your "media" - music, pictures, etc.).

Your 16GB of internal memory is divided: 4GB reserved for app storage, 4GB reserved for system files, and 8GB available for your files (the media area).

doctordoctor

Reaction score
Well it is doing it now even with the apps being moved to the phone! 2 notorious apps are DroidForums and backbreaker.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well it is doing it now even with the apps being moved to the phone! 2 notorious apps are DroidForums and backbreaker.

Are you absolutely sure nothing is checked under your media center?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also, if you have recently updated any apps; always be sure to check and make sure the update didn't sneak onto the wrong partition. I've had some apps that weren't checked pre-update that became checked post-update and had to be moved back.