Bionic handcent problem..

Troops2990

Reaction score
I am wondering if i am alone here, handcent worked worked perfect on my D1. Today i got a bionic and handcent was working fine until my buddy sent me a forward text that he also sent to multiple other people. For every forward he sent me that was to multiple people, handcent would start a new "thread" (for lack of better word) for just that message, so now i have 5 forwarded texts from the same person all under different "threads" since it is sent to multiple people. So i am wondering if anybody else is having this issue also??
Thanks

Renae

Reaction score
I'm not sure I have the exact problem but, I forwarded a picture message to one person and out created another one that was blank and addressed to anonymous. Not sure why.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I guess the Bionic Rules All Messages as well. :p

I would try checking your messaging settings in both stock and handcent. I remember I had to disable some settings on the stock messaging system because I was getting duplicate notifications.

OP
Troops2990

Troops2990

Reaction score
I guess the Bionic Rules All Messages as well. :p

I would try checking your messaging settings in both stock and handcent. I remember I had to disable some settings on the stock messaging system because I was getting duplicate notifications.
yeah i disabled notifications in the stock app and i now get i 1 notification from only handcent so that part it working but my stock app is also creating a new thread for each mms.

OP
Troops2990

Troops2990

Reaction score
Go into stock text app and uncheck "thread group conversations". See if that does it. Just a guess since I use stock.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Thanks I was just looking around in there and did that, it didn't fix the issue from the old messages but I have to wait for somebody to send me a new forward to see if it fixes the future ones, other than that im not sure what to do..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Cherijk

Reaction score
Handcent and the Bionic

Handcent worked perfectly on my Droid 1 also....now with the Bionic I CANNOT add in any auto texting....I wonder why....I used the heck out of that feature in the old phone!!!

fucco

Reaction score
I am having a problem when i get a text and the popup appears. the message appears and under it the keyboard does as well. The problem is the keyboard is perfect but the reply box is squished on top of it. It is not centered very well. I cant figure out how to adjust it. It makes it tough to read what i am tryping

musicphan

Reaction score
It does not save any of my settings. I have tried to change the privacy settings, the notification settings, the pop up settings, but it keeps reverting back even though the correct items are checked (or unchecked for that matter.) I never had an issue with my Driod1. I hope they get this fixed.

mamawm

Reaction score
It does not save any of my settings. I have tried to change the privacy settings, the notification settings, the pop up settings, but it keeps reverting back even though the correct items are checked (or unchecked for that matter.) I never had an issue with my Driod1. I hope they get this fixed.

I'm having this problem as well. There's also a thread about this over in the apps forum. Would seem as though handcent isn't playing nice with the bionic right now. Maybe they will get an update pretty soon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums