Bionic getting really warm and loosing battery rapidly

elietu

Reaction score
I don't know what causes it and it doesn't happen everyday but its starting to get annoying.

I leave home with my bionic fully charged, I do a few things and a few hours later its at about 80% charge.

Then all of a sudden, the right side of my leg where my bionic is in my pocket gets EXTREMELY warm. I had to look down even to make sure I didnt somehow piss myself. This whole time over a hour I didnt even use my bionic and at the end of the class period I take out my phone and it has dropped from 80% to >20% battery. This has happened at least a dozen or so times before. If theres away to fix this, that would be great.

XHaloX

Reaction score
Same thing happens to me,but my drops from 40 to 20 in less then a second.

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
I notice it more when my phone is in extremely cold weather and isn't being used. I was out in 20 degree weather for 4 hours once, I checked my phone and it went from 90% to 10% in a matter of seconds. It seems like the battery isn't always updating, that maybe after an hour without use it stops checking on the battery as often.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Same thing happens to me,but my drops from 40 to 20 in less then a second.

I notice it more when my phone is in extremely cold weather and isn't being used. I was out in 20 degree weather for 4 hours once, I checked my phone and it went from 90% to 10% in a matter of seconds. It seems like the battery isn't always updating, that maybe after an hour without use it stops checking on the battery as often.

I would say both your symptoms are not related to the problems the OP is having, but to a battery meter that's out of sync with the battery's actual values. You will find lots of information on how to get the two back in sync from me on the Smartphone Battery Discussion thread. Look for "foxkating" or "Meter Training".