Bionic custom ROM

bassman1547

Reaction score
Are there any good custom bionic ROMs available. Don't see any on my ROM manager for down load. Are there any developers working on the Bionic? What's up with the dearth of bionic ROMs?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Concistency

Reaction score
First off don't use rom manager on bionic, lol. The best ones out are ICS (android 4.0). ICS4BIONIC is good, I prefer using AOKP just for the bit of customization toggles. These roms will make the bionic a world of difference.

Sent from my Droid BIONIC using Tapatalk

libertus77

Reaction score
And if you want to wait for ICS to get more functional, Eclipse is a good one!

Sent from my Eclipsed DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Concistency

Reaction score
And if you want to wait for ICS to get more functional, Eclipse is a good one!

Sent from my Eclipsed DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ICS is pretty much very functional besides video and front camera. But eclipse is pretty legit also.

deduct

Reaction score
I reeeeally want 4.0 on mine. Considering rooting so i can have it now. But, is there really much of a risk of me bricking my phone? I have manually updated every new build so far. And i have seen the vids on how to root.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
I reeeeally want 4.0 on mine. Considering rooting so i can have it now. But, is there really much of a risk of me bricking my phone? I have manually updated every new build so far. And i have seen the vids on how to root.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

We all started out as noobies! when the bionic first came out it was risky to root and tweak our phones but almost 5 months later there's an army of experienced modders to back you up and the tools to do your customizing. With functioning Roms now available, go for it and unleash your bionic from its shackles!

Sent from my Yummy Gummy Bionic using Droid Forums

Concistency

Reaction score
Never a need to worry about bricking or bootlooping especially with safestrap.

km75

Reaction score
There are some ics roms out that have the camera working. Only the rear camera though. Not the front facing camera. And you can't record videos. But other than that it's pretty stable and functional. I'm using a ROM that even has data on boot. I use it as my daily driver with absolutely no problems.Go to the web and give Droidhive a look.ICS is pretty cool.
http://www.droidhive.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/14-cm9icsbionickang403-nightlies/
Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
There are some ics roms out that have the camera working. Only the rear camera though. Not the front facing camera. And you can't record videos. But other than that it's pretty stable and functional. I'm using a ROM that even has data on boot. I use it as my daily driver with absolutely no problems.Go to the web and give Droidhive a look.ICS is pretty cool.
http://www.droidhive.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/14-cm9icsbionickang403-nightlies/

Nice, I didn't notice in the cm9 change log that data toggle issue was fixed! Now, just gotta wait for axi0m AOKP to get the same update:) ROM progress is a wonderful thing, and the devs are hard at work getting us on ICS well before Moto does hehe.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Actually it's really near impossible to brick a bionic because of the locked bootloader. With RSD and an FXZ you can unbrick them pretty easily (look in first sticky thread in this forum).
For roms, look in the droid bionic hacks forum. I tried a couple versions of ICS roms from a day or two ago and they were all pretty good but still too glitchy for me for the time being.

km75

Reaction score
Nice, I didn't notice in the cm9 change log that data toggle issue was fixed! Now, just gotta wait for axi0m AOKP to get the same update:) ROM progress is a wonderful thing, and the devs are hard at work getting us on ICS well before Moto does hehe.

Gotta love the Dev community. That's for sure. Once they figure out how to get the front facing camera working it's a wrap. Lol. I'm not even going to be concerned about when Verizon/Moto decides to push it to our phones.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Gotta love the Dev community. That's for sure. Once they figure out how to get the front facing camera working it's a wrap. Lol. I'm not even going to be concerned about when Verizon/Moto decides to push it to our phones.

Moto gave the bionic features from ICS (resizeable widgets, vastly improved notification dropdown, panoramic camera and other cam capabilities, etc) before ICS was even announced, so I'm excited to see what cool stuff they put into ICS that is beyond its time too!

km75

Reaction score
Moto gave the bionic features from ICS (resizeable widgets, vastly improved notification dropdown, panoramic camera and other cam capabilities, etc) before ICS was even announced, so I'm excited to see what cool stuff they put into ICS that is beyond its time too!

Trust me. I'm not saying that I'm not looking forward to the day when the official ics update comes because I am. I actually like blur or whatever it is/isn't called nowadays. Before I started using this ics ROM I was using the stock ROM with all the bloatware frozen even though I had tried a couple of other gingerbread roms. So I'm definitely looking forward to it as well. Only now, my level of patience will be a little better. Because I'm assuming we are going to be in for a little bit of a wait. Obviously that reminds to be seen though.

lvclubkid

Reaction score
I am using the CM9 ICS rom without any bloat and it runs pretty smooth. Front Camera does not work and video camera does not work. Had to download a new video player to get the videos on my phone to at least play. Had a few lock ups but so far its really a great daily driver. Love all the new options and look of ICS. So awesome to enjoy now and not have to wait for Big Red and Moto to push it out sometime late this year. I could have sworn they said we would have it 6 weeks after they got it? So much for that.
Bionic almost there buddy!dancedroid