bionic bash?

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys as u know from a previous thread that bionic is now free with a 2 yr contract the question i have is why couldnt moto apply the same build that the razr is running to the bionic? Cuz i have looked at the bionic an previous moto phones with the the same GB build 2.2.x. an they are all almost identical from the ground up except an alteration here an there to support various features. But the razr/maxx/D4 are a GB 2.2.x but the os is completely different from the other 2.2.x GB builds as if the started from scratch. I believe if moto had put the GB build that razr was running (with the minor alternation) it wouldnt have been shot down with bugs granted i love my bionic after an before the .902 bugs an all cuz i know its got potential especially with our dev community. So maybe when the new ICS rolls around (probably when moto stops picking there a$$) it will be as good if not out perform the razr family. Cuz think about it its pretty much a clean slate for moto to fix the sh** storm they created. An imho i think the bionic just my get its break with the ICS update cuz i have run all the ICS leaks on my razr that i have an lol its about as bad as the bionic was during launch day .206 has been better if u can deal with the last to bugs it has which is u cant stream video on 98% of websites an masssssssssive battery drain to the point 10 hrs on a single charge is a god send so what do u guys think?

Last edited:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Artificial attempt to make the RAZR seem "better", IMHO. No reason we NEED to be on 2.3.4 when other devices are on 2.3.6 - but typical Motorola/VZW laziness. God forbid the Bionic actually have an up to date version of GB.

Watch 'em release ICS 4.0.2 for the Bionic and 4.0.4 for the RAZR/MAXX/D4 *LOL*

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dave12308 said:
Artificial attempt to make the RAZR seem "better", IMHO. No reason we NEED to be on 2.3.4 when other devices are on 2.3.6 - but typical Motorola/VZW laziness. God forbid the Bionic actually have an up to date version of GB.

Watch 'em release ICS 4.0.2 for the Bionic and 4.0.4 for the RAZR/MAXX/D4 *LOL*

Would they really do that? What would the point be of that anyways?

hisself

Reaction score
All I know is I paid for a dual core 4G experience, and my Bionic cannot use its dual cores, and Panama City does not have 4G. VERIZON, I HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF!!

huskur

Reaction score
All I know is I paid for a dual core 4G experience, and my Bionic cannot use its dual cores, and Panama City does not have 4G. VERIZON, I HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF!!

Why can't your Bionic use both cores? When you are using your Bionic for more than one thing such as widgets and apps running in the background both cores are working. Eventually you will have 4G. By 2013 ALL 3G areas are supposed to be 4G. The 4G map is rapidly growing with towers (4G) being turned on every day.

I agree that you should have bought the 4G device because you never know when 4G would become live. It's a painful waiting game at this point and I understand your frustration. I just last month was enlightened with 4G (extended area). It's fast but not as fast as pure LTE. Not to mention I am switching alot from 3G to 4G.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
huskur said:
Why can't your Bionic use both cores? When you are using your Bionic for more than one thing such as widgets and apps running in the background both cores are working. Eventually you will have 4G. By 2013 ALL 3G areas are supposed to be 4G. The 4G map is rapidly growing with towers (4G) being turned on every day.

I agree that you should have bought the 4G device because you never know when 4G would become live. It's a painful waiting game at this point and I understand your frustration. I just last month was enlightened with 4G (extended area). It's fast but not as fast as pure LTE. Not to mention I am switching alot from 3G to 4G.

I doubt they will make 2013 they are behind schedule it hasnt been made public but i saw somewhere that said they have run into some financial snags for the lte upgrade

3sweeties

Reaction score

just spent a week in Destin with 3g/4g/zero g.... my stable bionic ( with a few fits of crazy) was nuts the whole week. the whole switching 3g/4g/no service ( around and in the condo) ate my battery and made using my phone anything but fun. I can totally see those who live on a line between 3g and 4 g not enjoying the bionic... other 4g phones too I imagine. I can say that I was very glade to be back at home where 4g is pretty much where I am all day. I am very thankful for 4g.

At Target I overheard a customre asking for a cell booster b/c her vwz phone wasnt working at the well built condos ( mine either)... clerk said he gets that all the time but that vwz was the best provider in the area.... that is scary!