Bionic 5.5.1_84_DBN-55 AutoDeOdexer

ArmyDude

Reaction score
For those of you that do not want to DeOdex their phone manually, here's a script I created to do it for you. I've created this same script before for the Droid X, and it's quite simple. Here's what you need.
1) Your phone must be Rooted.
2) You must install Bionic_Bootstrapper.

Below you can find these items.
COMPLETE GUIDE TO ROOT AND BOOTSTRAP

Once you have that.... download my DeOdexer and put it on your sdcard.

Bionic_AutoDeOdexer

Reboot into recovery. BACKUP YOUR PHONE!!!!

Once that completes, then go to install from zip. Choose file from zip... find the Bionic_DeOdexer zip file... and run it.
There is a script at the beginning that checks the build.prop file and makes sure you have the correct build. You must have 5.5.1_84_DBN-55. If you do not, I hope it fails.

Reboot.... and all should be good. Now that you are DeOdexed.... have fun theming!

As you should know, do this at your own risk. Yes, I've tested this on my phone and had no issue. This doesn't mean you won't experience a problem. I'm not responsible for what happens to your phone.

ENJOY!!! dancedroid

Last edited:

Zregnier

Reaction score
I've never been much into themes. One you deodex, how do you go about theming?

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
I've never been much into themes. One you deodex, how do you go about theming?

That's a BIG question. If you aren't familiar with the APK files on the phone. Then you definitely need to do some research. I'm not sure what your knowledge is of these items, but below is for the beginners.

APK Manager is what you need to disassemble the APK files and modify them.

APK Manager 5

I would also do some research on understanding ADB. Knowing how to pull files, and whether the files are system files or not. That will determine whether you have the application sign the files or not.

Take some time to do some Google searches on how to use APK Manager. There are quite a few resources out there. Once you understand it, it'll be too easy.

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
Thanks and illl be contacting you and looking into this once I get some sleep I been up all night .. wouldnt want to screw anything up lol ...

Reaction score
By some act of God, is there a mirror for the download? It got stuck and wouldn't download. Then once I did get it to "download" it took 5 minutes and then there was nothing in the zip. Or can the file be posted straight up here?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks, ArmyDude! Ironically just before I saw your post just now, I found you over at XDA and got it there. Lol. It worked great. Just as it did with my X! Thanks again.

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
Is the rom deoxidized

I'm assuming you posted this in the wrong thread. This is the factory rom that is DeOdexed. This install just replaces the files with the DeOdexed files, and deletes the Odex files.

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
Thanks, ArmyDude! Ironically just before I saw your post just now, I found you over at XDA and got it there. Lol. It worked great. Just as it did with my X! Thanks again.

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

No problem.

rwking

Reaction score
Yo! So I flashed this at around 10 AM today, and couldn't get past boot animation. Wonder why? Had to fastboot my butt back to safety. haha I'd try it again, but what a pain in the rear to go through all that again. Sick keyboard, though - I'm really diggin' it.

*Update* Tried it again this morning and it went smoothly. I may have been a bit hasty yesterday. The fact is, it takes a good 4-5 minutes on the boot animation the first time around. At least for me it did. I thought maybe I had been too quick to do a battery pull and I was right. Reflashed the 1% MOD and it went smoothly. Thanks for this! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yo! So I flashed this at around 10 AM today, and couldn't get past boot animation. Wonder why? Had to fastboot my butt back to safety. haha I'd try it again, but what a pain in the rear to go through all that again. Sick keyboard, though - I'm really diggin' it.

*Update* Tried it again this morning and it went smoothly. I may have been a bit hasty yesterday. The fact is, it takes a good 4-5 minutes on the boot animation the first time around. At least for me it did. I thought maybe I had been too quick to do a battery pull and I was right. Reflashed the 1% MOD and it went smoothly. Thanks for this! :)

Lol, rwking. Yeah, when you deodex your system and boot it up for the first time afterward - be it through ADB or an auto-deodexer - it will take a long time for the system to boot up.

I remember the first time I ever deodexed - it was my Droid X and I used ArmyDude's autodeodexer for the DX1. I had read somewhere in my research beforehand that it takes a while for the first bootup. But I was waiting a while and I natuarally thought , "Oh, %&#@ I FUBAR'ed my phone!! " and I was about to pull the battery after another couple minutes. But it booted up.

So you're not alone. I think all of us have been there. And if someone says they haven't, they either work in this field, went to school for it, or they are a liar. Lmao!

joshmiddle

Reaction score
Dumb question. Ive flashed roms for some time on droid two. I hear a lot about deodexing. What is deodexing?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums