Bionic + 4G + Slingbox ??

nalgon

Reaction score
I would reset the slingbox and reinstall everything if ur connection freezes alot. I went from a 3g to a 4g and it was freezing alot and losing connection.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Ok, question, i was always wondering and can't tell the difference. The Sq/Hq button, is it IN Hq mode when the button says Hq or when it says Sq, not really sure which is currently being displayed by sling and which is listing on the button to be switched to. Sorry if that was confusing. Hopefully someone understands what i mean haha

It is in whatever is displayed in the button, if it says HQ its HQ, clicking it will switch it back to SQ.

jst4fun

Reaction score
I noticed over the weekend when I was using Slingbox in the HDMI mirror on the big screen, I was also plugged into the AC adapter on the wall but it still drug my battery down in just the 1st half of a ballgame. Has anyone else noticed while using the HDMI that the phone did not stay charged?

jleeusa

Reaction score
Got to assume that's a lot of drain going on. Are you using the supplied charger or an older one? I originally plugged into my og Droid charger, noticed a huge difference in charging time after unwrapping the supplied charger.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I noticed over the weekend when I was using Slingbox in the HDMI mirror on the big screen, I was also plugged into the AC adapter on the wall but it still drug my battery down in just the 1st half of a ballgame. Has anyone else noticed while using the HDMI that the phone did not stay charged?

Hmmm ok I never used slingbox on the tv because the tv is connected to cable already. But I did use netflix plugged in, and didn't pay attention to the battery because I assumed it would be ok plugged in. I'm guessing, and I've done this, is that the power adapter into your phone wasn't pushed all the way in. I'll push it in and think its charging, and look at screen and its not, then push the ac adapter a little harder into the phone so you feel like a snap. This is just a guess, that your phone wasn't connected to the ac adapter although you think it is plugged in. Try pushing it in a little harder..

jst4fun

Reaction score
Got to assume that's a lot of drain going on. Are you using the supplied charger or an older one? I originally plugged into my og Droid charger, noticed a huge difference in charging time after unwrapping the supplied charger.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Yes I am assuming the same thing. The older charger I was plugged into was only 500 MA. The supplied charger is 850 MA. I am pretty sure that is the problem.

J5311

Reaction score
I'm using the hd pro.... I love it.....

I have the extended battery. After going to the jets game i watched the pats game until I got home. about an hour and a half drive without problems.

I am also able to watch it on the TV via hdmi or the webtop adapter. this phone has some power being able to mirror the phone, play slingbox, and surf the web at the same time!

defdans

Reaction score
Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents as well. Slingbox works great on my bionic over 4g, wifi and even 3g. Watched most of the rays game while tailgating on Saturday. Love it.

SPCLCAY

Reaction score
Ugh, slingbox player freezes up constantly on my Bionic. Just setup a Solo last night. I think my home network is fine since Zumocast to my home network is lightning, and phone network speed is also lightining (NFL Mobile is awesome). I am now stuck since I don't want to commit to $30 player software but I cannot re-install app. without the ability to refund. Any ideas ?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Ugh, slingbox player freezes up constantly on my Bionic. Just setup a Solo last night. I think my home network is fine since Zumocast to my home network is lightning, and phone network speed is also lightining (NFL Mobile is awesome). I am now stuck since I don't want to commit to $30 player software but I cannot re-install app. without the ability to refund. Any ideas ?

I have no prob with the solo on my Bionic. Works perfectly.

SPCLCAY

Reaction score
It is in whatever is displayed in the button, if it says HQ its HQ, clicking it will switch it back to SQ.
IME, it is the opposite, when it displays SQ it is in HQ and vice versa. In other words, when you select SQ, you are changing the res. to SQ. I tested this by viewing a channel which displays a constant graphic (like a ticker or DJIA stock display). Tune to CNN or any news channel and test it out.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Are you using the $29.00 Slingbox Player for Android that is on the apps market?

Also, noticed that there was a YouTube video on downloading some code to allow you to play Roku content on the Slingbox, anyone tried that yet? Have a Roku XDS, actually us it a good bit... trying to figure out how to give my college kid "options" , as well as myself when I travel :biggrin:

SPCLCAY

Reaction score
Are you using the $29.00 Slingbox Player for Android that is on the apps market?

Also, noticed that there was a YouTube video on downloading some code to allow you to play Roku content on the Slingbox, anyone tried that yet? Have a Roku XDS, actually us it a good bit... trying to figure out how to give my college kid "options" , as well as myself when I travel :biggrin:
Yes, I am. In the meantime, I have decided to take the chance and re-purchase the app. since everyone else seems to have success. After retrying a few times, I have had slightly better results.

Currently, once a channel is selected and the stream stabilizes for a minute or so, it does work OK. However, when I activate the DirecTV box controls (guide, list, etc.) the picture hangs up and it takes almost a minute between keyed responses. Again, I let it sit and stabilize for a minutes, it works OK.

I guess I just expected better performance with such a fast connection. Who knows, maybe there is something going on with my home network. Maybe there is some sort of buffer setting in the port forwarding or something. I'm also wondering what the actual UPLOAD speed is on my Charter cable modem. Speedtest measures down at 30Mbps but I forget the upload speed. I will continue to investigate on that side. Thanks for the replies.