Bionic 3.5mm headset?

vanydotk

Reaction score
So I tried my iPhone's 3.5mm headset but it will not fit inside the Bionic all the way. The sound comes through but the mic does not work, I've looked online for a different 3.5mm but the male input all seem to look the same and it doesn't look like it will fit in all the way, here is a picture of what I'm talking about

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/2189/img0708h.jpg
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8955/img0709i.jpg

I have a Bluetooth headset but I prefer to use a wired headset at home, btw.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
3.5mm is 3.5mm. Are you sure it's fully seated? Is there dust/junk in your headset jack?

OP
V

vanydotk

Reaction score
3.5mm is 3.5mm. Are you sure it's fully seated? Is there dust/junk in your headset jack?

it's as seated as it could be, the phone has a weird slope to it that is not allowing it to go in all the way.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Yeah, you will see a little bit of the plug from the back, because of the bevel. Should still work as long as it's fully seated. My Bose earbuds/mic that I've used with my last couple of phones works fine.

Berzerker

Reaction score
That's just as far as it sits in. However, I'm also having a problem with the in-line mic and headset button as I can't get them to work. I'm just not sure if it's the hardware, software, or it just doesn't have a 4th contact to support the extra headset features.

OP
V

vanydotk

Reaction score
That's just as far as it sits in. However, I'm also having a problem with the in-line mic and headset button as I can't get them to work. I'm just not sure if it's the hardware, software, or it just doesn't have a 4th contact to support the extra headset features.

Same problem here, I can get audio just fine, but the inline mic and button control does not work.

LBrooks

Reaction score
I also am having a wierd problem with a wired headset - Like the OP, I have a BT headset I use, but frequently use a wired headset ... fits fine, mic works fine - no problems there - but it's not turning off the external mic (the phone's microphone) ... it's bizarre ... so if I'm walking around and stick the phone in my pocket, etc - yeah - all that noise is picked up through the mic ...