Big Newb. Probably THE dumb question

michaelg589

Reaction score
I just got the Droid Eris yesterday. I have NO idea what i need to do to tether with it. I bought a new lap top and a smart phone so i could do this whole tethering thing. Initially i decided i would just get an iphone and there would be plenty of ways for to figure out how to jailbreak it or whatever. But this Android OS doesnt seem to be as popular yet. I wanted to stay with Verizon though and i got the Eris for $50. So.... what do i do?

I would also greatly appreciate it if everyone didnt just say SEARCH. i've done searches. Maybe i'm not looking for the correct subject? Links would be great.

Thank you!

-Mike

sir

Reaction score
I think you can purchase the tethering package from Verizon which costs an arm and a leg, but I don't have an Eris so I can't help you any further than that. Hope you get a better answer!

OP
M

michaelg589

Reaction score
I think you can purchase the tethering package from Verizon which costs an arm and a leg, but I don't have an Eris so I can't help you any further than that. Hope you get a better answer!
Well yes, i do know that tethering will be availible from Verizon. But i'd rather not payt those idiots more money for a service i already have. Why charge more to tether AND cap it off at like 5 GB or something like that?

sir

Reaction score
there is no 5G cap on your unlimited data plan for your cell. that cap is for their mobile broadband offerings.

OP
M

michaelg589

Reaction score
there is no 5G cap on your unlimited data plan for your cell. that cap is for their mobile broadband offerings.
yes i know that. but i thought i read/heard that when tethering is availible, theyre going to cap that and on the phone itself, it will be unlimited.

OP
M

michaelg589

Reaction score
wow thanks. that was easy! seems to work fine. I only tried it using the wifi signal though. seems just as fast. gotta test out the 3g