Big decision to make. Keep Droid DNA, or change to Razr Maxx hd, or galaxy s3..

Keep the DNA, or switch to Razr Maxx HD, or Galazy SIII

• Keep the Droid DNA.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get the Droid Razr Maxx HD

• Get the alaxy SIII

• Total voters

fallhunter

Reaction score
I currently have an HTC Droid DNA, and am not happy with it. it is just a little tiny bit too wide for me to use with one hand, and I have been having a lot of data connection issues with it. I have an opportunity to change to a different phone. The ones I am interested in are the Motorola droid razr maxx hd or the Samsung Galaxy SIII. (Need to get the phone this week, so not time to wait for the Galaxy S4.) I looked at the Galaxy Note, but its also too big. I am just not sure what to do here. Looking for some help making this decision easier.

huskur

Reaction score
I think both options are better than the DNA. Just my opinion. I had the S3 for a while and it was stellar. Battery was good (a good days use before needing charge) and no signal issues. It was always on par with my wifes Bionic which was awesome when it came to keeping the 4G signal when in a 4G area or on the fringe of a 4G area. I also had the Razr Maxx (non-HD) and it was nice also. Awesome battery life. If it were me choosing it would be the S3.

OP
F

fallhunter

Reaction score
I think both options are better than the DNA. Just my opinion. I had the S3 for a while and it was stellar. Battery was good (a good days use before needing charge) and no signal issues. It was always on par with my wifes Bionic which was awesome when it came to keeping the 4G signal when in a 4G area or on the fringe of a 4G area. I also had the Razr Maxx (non-HD) and it was nice also. Awesome battery life. If it were me choosing it would be the S3.

Thank you. I have to decide by this afternoon.

AdamaDBrown

Reaction score
I've used all three of these, and in my opinion the MAXX HD is by far the best. Better battery life than either, better ergonomics than the DNA--not to mention the 1080P screen is a gimmick, you don't see a real increase in quality. And the S III, while nice, doesn't really offer anything the MAXX HD doesn't.

OP
F

fallhunter

Reaction score
I've used all three of these, and in my opinion the MAXX HD is by far the best. Better battery life than either, better ergonomics than the DNA--not to mention the 1080P screen is a gimmick, you don't see a real increase in quality. And the S III, while nice, doesn't really offer anything the MAXX HD doesn't.

What other ways is the Maxx better? Battery life is no issue for me.

AdamaDBrown

Reaction score
What other ways is the Maxx better? Battery life is no issue for me.

No big ways, their specs are pretty comparable, but the MAXX has a few little perks. A real HDMI port instead of an MHL connector, more memory available than the base S3, and really good signal strength. As far as that goes, the RAZR HD and MAXX HD have some of the strongest signal performance I've seen.

Also, battery life may not be a BIG issue, but don't dismiss it; when some emergency crops up and you haven't had a chance to charge your phone lately, it can turn into a big deal.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Maxx HD no question. Had the s3 for a month, and while I loved the camera and screen, I dropped calls and had failed text messages. I get at least 1-2 bars more with my Maxx HD than the s3. I averaged 15-18 hours on the battery with the s3, but the lowest I can get on the Maxx with normal use is about 50%. The s3 feels cheap, while Motorola phones have a much better build quality

OP
F

fallhunter

Reaction score
Well, I ended up getting the Galaxy SIII, had a couple days to try the MAXX HD, and had a lot of lag time on loading things that required data connection, where the DNA would not connect at all, and the SIII has yet to loose signal at all. It was slow in a 3G area I was in when trying to update 13 apps all at once. Other than that, so far so good. (Knock on wood, because I have lousy luck with phones.)