Beware of Verizon... not waiting to start new retail sales

ngt

Reaction score
After being on hold for a long ass time, someone at best buy says their computer said they had a bunch, but they don't. So, the warehouse wasnt sending them any. So, mine will be there late next week. Then I get home, eat, get settled in, and bam, an email. Your phone is at best buy. Wtf? Too late to go get it. Hopefully they still have it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
After being on hold for a long ass time, someone at best buy says they thought they had a bunch, but they don't. So, the warehouse want sending them any. Mine will be there late next week. So I get home, eat, get settled in, and bam, an email. Your phone is at best buy. W tf? Too late to go get it. Hopefully they still have it tomorrow
I'd hope, if they emailed you, that they'll hold it for you.

Sent from my Moto Z

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
After being on hold for a long ass time, someone at best buy says they thought they had a bunch, but they don't. So, the warehouse want sending them any. Mine will be there late next week. So I get home, eat, get settled in, and bam, an email. Your phone is at best buy. W tf? Too late to go get it. Hopefully they still have it tomorrow
Well, better than next week but you'd think they would know better what the inventory is and when it's arriving. I'm happy to hear your replacement is coming soon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ngt

Reaction score
Well, better than next week but you'd think they would know better what the inventory is and when it's arriving. I'm happy to hear your replacement is coming soon.

Yeah, it's irritating, but my phone is there so I can't stay mad for too long, lol.

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
Hell i would go in there bitching and complaining telling them they keep jerking u around and that you want a gift card or something

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hell i would go in there bitching and complaining telling them they keep jerking u around and that you want a gift card or something

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
There's a lot to be said for the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
We already get either a $25 credit on our bill or $25 credit towards accessories.
As for the device arriving at different stores at different times, and after speaking with a number of Note 7 users here and various other forums, it appears that customers who ordered directly from Samsung & and/or their respective carriers are receiving their replacements a day or two before big box stores like Best Buy, Costco, etc.
Regardless, replacement devices are here and if you don't happen to have yours yet, you should receive it very soon.

S5 tap'n

ngt

Reaction score
We already get either a $25 credit on our bill or $25 credit towards accessories.
As for the device arriving at different stores at different times, and after speaking with a number of Note 7 users here and various other forums, it appears that customers who ordered directly from Samsung & and/or their respective carriers are receiving their replacements a day or two before big box stores like Best Buy, Costco, etc.
Regardless, replacement devices are here and if you don't happen to have yours yet, you should receive it very soon.

S5 tap'n

When I made my best buy recall preorder on the 19th, they said those that came in to set theirs up right away, got them the week before. Turns out of they didn't have inventory errors, a lot of other people would have had them way earlier too. Going after my kids baseball game this morning.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I made my best buy recall preorder on the 19th, they said those that came in to set theirs up right away, got them the week before. Turns out of they didn't have inventory errors, a lot of other people would have had them way earlier too. Going after my kids baseball game this morning.
Update? Was it there and held for you?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

ngt

Reaction score
Update? Was it there and held for you?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Yeah, it was. The guy helping me had no idea what to do. He asked me for the watch and I said "Betsy (the best buy mobile manager) said I didn't need to bring it back" and he's says, "oh, ok". She had to walk him through everything and he couldn't even find the phone. She went and got it. So if people are having different experiences at different places, I'm guessing lack of training.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it was. The guy helping me had no idea what to do. He asked me for the watch and I said "Betsy (the best buy mobile manager) said I didn't need to bring it back" and he's says, "oh, ok". She had to walk him through everything and he couldn't even find the phone. She went and got it. So if people are having different experiences at different places, I'm guessing lack of training.
Or lack of communication by co-workers that they've got you're specific device held for you and that they're handling your case or how to handle it of they're not around.
I work in retail and communication is a MUCH bigger issue than training, or lack of. I get flack for posting notes, texting my bosses, etc over everything but nothing drives me more nuts than to be blind sided with a problem I'm trying to solve that another has already handled partially and I'm not aware of any of it. It makes me look like a dumbass to the costumer.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

ngt

Reaction score
Or lack of communication by co-workers that they've got you're specific device held for you and that they're handling your case or how to handle it of they're not around.
I work in retail and communication is a MUCH bigger issue than training, or lack of. I get flack for posting notes, texting my bosses, etc over everything but nothing drives me more nuts than to be blind sided with a problem I'm trying to solve that another has already handled partially and I'm not aware of any of it. It makes me look like a dumbass to the costumer.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
If someone who works at best buy mobile was blind sided by the note 7 recall, then they must have living under a rock.

But I do get what you're saying and could tell he was annoyed by not knowing what to do, especially when I would correct him. Lol, although I was doing it in a nice way, he didn't like not knowing what to do.

I asked him why he didn't confirm that the $40 activation fee would be waived when he was on the phone with the Verizon agent activating my phone. He said he didn't think about it.

Knowing this was coming, you'd think there would be more communication, maybe in the form of a training. Sound like they were just training on the go, which had everyone dealing with it a bit frustrated.

Nowhere near as frustrated as the old lady next to me who was not happy about having to pay $8 to get a screen protector put on her phone, lol

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If someone who works at best buy mobile was blind sided by the note 7 recall, then they must have living under a rock.

But I do get what you're saying and could tell he was annoyed by not knowing what to do, especially when I would correct him. Lol, although I was doing it in a nice way, he didn't like not knowing what to do.

I asked him why he didn't confirm that the $40 activation fee would be waived when he was on the phone with the Verizon agent activating my phone. He said he didn't think about it.

Knowing this was coming, you'd think there would be more communication, maybe in the form of a training. Sound like they were just training on the go, which had everyone dealing with it a bit frustrated.

Nowhere near as frustrated as the old lady next to me who was not happy about having to pay $8 to get a screen protector put on her phone, lol
I agree about the overall policy part but what I meant was the lack of communication that your specific device was being handled.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><