"Better ways to do things" Turbo for Dummies?

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
In reading many of the threads I "see/hear" things alluded to that maybe some of us are unaware of and could benefit from those more "in the know".
Think about it, tough to ask a question about something you don't know exists.....
So, maybe we could have a place (Here) or wherever that ways of doing things could be shared email, charging, cleaning, great apps, tips and tricks. Whatever.

As a for instance, when I snap a pic it doesn't show up in the corner like it used to on my Maxx. I have to exit and go to Gallery to see it. That can't be right, I must be missing something. What?

My "Tip": I drive a Jeep so I downloaded an app called "Rain Alarm" it tells me when rain is coming so I can put my top on or cover up, come in handy with sunroofs too.

Anyway, maybe this will work (maybe not) I had read one of guys are doing email different and not using Gmail as much but I didn't want to hijack the thread, this thread is an anything thread so can't be hijacked.

1coopgt

Reaction score
When you are in the camera app after you take a picture you can swipe right to left to go directly to the gallery . The Command center Widgets pretty good with the weather . But I also use Weather bug Elite . I ride a motorcycle so its nice to know that the weather is going to be .

quadtronix

Reaction score
I highly recommend downloading these apps: ever note, Tapatalk and Pulse News...

Evernote is great for keeping track of things. I mostly use it for links to specific articles I have read or want to read. I have categories within notebooks and everything is kept track of very efficiently...

Tapatalk is great for keeping track of all your forums and threads you've posted in or subscribed to. Plus it gives you notifications whenever someone posts in a thread that you are subscribed to...

Pulse News is a great news aggregator which let's you choose subject matter by category and website and keeps all the news organized and in one screen from all your favorite websites.

Other than that, I recommend charging the phone a little extra each time, maybe 30min when possible. I find I get better battery life when I do. Plus lower screen brightness whenever possible, helps too. So does turning off WiFi when not in use. And closing tabs in browser saves the battery life when in standby I've noticed...

Sent via Tapatalk on my Droid Turbo (Breaking the Speed Limit of the Internet)...

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Just Disabled a bunch of stuff I don't see using, nothing blew up - not sure the benefits but felt good to exert some power over my Kingdom.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I highly recommend downloading these apps: ever note, Tapatalk and Pulse News...

Evernote is great for keeping track of things. I mostly use it for links to specific articles I have read or want to read. I have categories within notebooks and everything is kept track of very efficiently...

Tapatalk is great for keeping track of all your forums and threads you've posted in or subscribed to. Plus it gives you notifications whenever someone posts in a thread that you are subscribed to...

Pulse News is a great news aggregator which let's you choose subject matter by category and website and keeps all the news organized and in one screen from all your favorite websites.

Other than that, I recommend charging the phone a little extra each time, maybe 30min when possible. I find I get better battery life when I do. Plus lower screen brightness whenever possible, helps too. So does turning off WiFi when not in use. And closing tabs in browser saves the battery life when in standby I've noticed...

Sent via Tapatalk on my Droid Turbo (Breaking the Speed Limit of the Internet)...

I used to use Pulse but found the stock Play Newsstand app does pretty much the same thing. I have not yet found any content that was on Pulse that is not on newsstand. And Pulse was a battery hog.

quadtronix

Reaction score
I used to use Pulse but found the stock Play Newsstand app does pretty much the same thing. I have not yet found any content that was on Pulse that is not on newsstand. And Pulse was a battery hog.
Cool! Good to know... I will try Newsstand instead... On another note: just found this article on Phandroid- thought it might be helpful to some new users...

10 Droid Turbo tips and tricks for new owners

I read it already and found some helpful tips I did not know about before.

Sent via Tapatalk from my Nexus N!ne... -The Next Generation of Nexus-

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'd like to add and recommend in that screen for the Device Administrators (mentioned in the 10 tips and tricks above), that you uncheck the "Local Wipe Policy". If not, and for whatever reason you have a lock screen pattern or pin and are unable to get it working, after 10 unsuccessful attempts it will wipe the phone and erase all data! Not what I would want happening to me.

e677b02a7e54febbc79ce4f22ba08c76.jpg

61b7c1761ee3c6d2972bb4dba359358f.jpg

quadtronix

Reaction score
Good idea! I was just playing with that setting now and I was thinking the same thing... Too risky! Lol.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
If you enter the wrong pin or pattern 10 times, you deserve it to be wiped. LOL

S5 tap'n
Lol

on the move..

Thing is all it would take is moisture on the screen (such as in a rain storm), and you trying to unlock it, and it would likely fail because the water changes the capacitance on the surface (and edges) of the glass, causing it to misread your finger locations. I have experienced this already with this phone, and have a long history of experience with this and other capacitive touch screens.

The LAST thing I would want is to have the phone wipe itself. Another situation would be if you were perhaps "under the influence" and trying to get the phone open to call someone for a designated driver. Again, wiping the phone on its own is something I don't want.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've never come close to 10 unsuccessful tries. I've never put myself in that situation. If I'm drinking, my DD is with me. That's good advice though, I'd disable it myself.

on the move..

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Agreed....I've never come close either. And I've had it rain numerous times on my phones over the years. Better safe than sorry I guess. Honestly I'd be more concerned with the device being stolen then this happening.

S5 tap'n

Last edited: