Fun things to do - Thread

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I got bored so I downloaded a ringtone app and assigned different ringtones to my Contacts.
Wasn't a mystery to me that I could do such a thing, just never did it.
My only advice I guess is ... sometimes what seems like a good idea now may not be in a restaurant or business meeting so be careful :)

Probably will do some photo assigning later.... Kids are trickling in from College ALL Four(4) (Yikes)

Any Suggestion(s) of other stuff is appreciated, Maybe you did something somebody else hasn't thought of. Making up Wallpaper Pics is a good one too.

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
I assign pictures to my contacts, that's about it. I like the least amount of things possible.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I take pictures of business cards as well as work trucks (Plummer's etc. ) and assign it to their # in my contacts. Makes them easier to find when I have forgotten what their name was LOL .

realged13

Reaction score
I installed the new google sms Messenger and changing around the colors my contacts come in as.

PowrDroid

Reaction score
I take pictures of business cards as well as work trucks (Plummer's etc. ) and assign it to their # in my contacts. Makes them easier to find when I have forgotten what their name was LOL .

How do you take the photo of the business cards? Using the camera and saving it as a .jpg?

I ask because there is a really cool trick with Google Drive that will capture documents and store them as an automatically cropped .pdf file. Open Google Drive, scroll to bottom of your file list, tap the Plus button to upload, then select the Scan option. It uses your camera to take a picture of the document, crops it, and converts it to a .pdf file, then stores in on Drive.

Awesome way to keep track of receipts.

PowrDroid

Reaction score
I like to amaze my friends by using Moto Voice to do Google searches with the phone still in my pocket, untouched. I say my custom wake up phrase, "Obey me, Droid Turbo", followed by the question, i.e. "How old is actor Kirk Douglas?" Friends hear a 'ding' come from my pocket and then the female voice saying, "Kirk Douglas in 98 years old."

Ha!

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
How do you take the photo of the business cards? Using the camera and saving it as a .jpg?

I ask because there is a really cool trick with Google Drive that will capture documents and store them as an automatically cropped .pdf file. Open Google Drive, scroll to bottom of your file list, tap the Plus button to upload, then select the Scan option. It uses your camera to take a picture of the document, crops it, and converts it to a .pdf file, then stores in on Drive.

Awesome way to keep track of receipts.

In short Yes, In long... (LOL) use phone camera take shot, it auto save to " gallery" then open contact, if it is already in there, click "edit" then the Photo Icon and click what you want ie. " Take photo" or " use gallery photo. It then will allow you to crop as you wish. just one way when your short of time.

Reactions: 24c