Better then a Radar Detector on your PHONE

chrisanderin

Reaction score
My friend told me there was an app that was better then a radar detector. An App that would allow you to see where police were on your phone by tracking the gps on their car....ANYONE know what the heck he was talking about?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
ah.. . righttttttt... so much wrong with that we won't even go into it... but moving on.
There are several apps that work with YOUR GPS and a database of 'known' speed-traps (they rely on users to mark them when they come across them). My actual radar detector in my car has this and it's more effect than the actual detector (seeing as most cops here use POP detectors and VASCAR now). Search the market or online for speed-trap apps or something like that.

B

bthomp21

one app that is better than that is doing the speed limit

OP
C

chrisanderin

Reaction score
ah.. . righttttttt... so much wrong with that we won't even go into it... but moving on.
There are several apps that work with YOUR GPS and a database of 'known' speed-traps (they rely on users to mark them when they come across them). My actual radar detector in my car has this and it's more effect than the actual detector (seeing as most cops here use POP detectors and VASCAR now). Search the market or online for speed-trap apps or something like that.

This app that I am looking for does not rely on user imputs... it actually detects their gps signal by using your gps... if the cop moves it shows it on your phone instantly. But thanks for the input

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I recommend doing the speed limit but in places where traffic normally exceeds the speed limit I would recomend getting a radar detector.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This app that I am looking for does not rely on user imputs... it actually detects their gps signal by using your gps... if the cop moves it shows it on your phone instantly. But thanks for the input

Do you have any idea how illegal that would be if it were a real app.

J

Johnly

one app that is better than that is doing the speed limit
Indeedy! Love the sig....out of all the ROMs I have run, BB is top shelf.

thanks, made it for peter. i run bb only. i need to check out some others!
I run BB and woodymans. Cyanogen is nice too. I find several roads that cops can't hide, and have a few mile view. I take my car up to fun speeds there. I would NEVER trust a detector lol! Always sober, driver:icon_ banana:unsober drinker lol! BB truly has no bugs.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

okay.. since you're pushing the issue, I was trying to be nice... THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE... GPS is a PASSIVE system (i.e. their GPS units do NOT 'give off' anything for your phone or, even more hilarious your GPS to detect)... Now some cops (major cities) use TRANSPONDERS to allow their dispatch stations to locate and track them but these run on a completely different frequency than what your phone is capable of picking up. Even if you had the radio to pickup the signals you would need each and every transponder code/ID which in a major city is THOUSANDS (that they would never make public) of units your phone would never be able to process the data. Not to mention you would need to block out all the similar transponders used by trucking, shipping and all EMS companies.

And you don't have to INPUT anything (imput is not a word, see the red line under it as you type). Most cities already have large databases established, users can just update areas when needed or make their own lists.

OP
C

chrisanderin

Reaction score
I recommend doing the speed limit but in places where traffic normally exceeds the speed limit I would recomend getting a radar detector.

Well radar detectors are not good if they are pulling the trigger and not constant running radar... and two.. the same company that makes the GPS makes this app... its for real and I have seen it work.. but the guy that had it told me and my short term memory took over and i forgot lol

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Indeedy! Love the sig....out of all the ROMs I have run, BB is top shelf.

thanks, made it for peter. i run bb only. i need to check out some others!

Try miui

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Sorry for the off topic post but, I heard that Miui was good. The only rom I've run on my og droid is chevys ss. Thinking about going to sapphire and the avalon theme.

frostthejack

Reaction score

Its not illegal but there is no app that does that because as it is not illegal to track their GPS what you would have to do to get that information is.

Most police stations use Panasonic toughbooks they have built in GPS and cell radio.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk