better get insurance

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
skennelly said:
No you're not. I agree with you 99.9%. I honestly think that Moto fan boys are almost as bad as apple

*Sent from my Galaxy to yours through tapatalk

Your out of your damn mind. Coming from a person that has experienced both Moto and Samsung they have had their ups and downs. Came from a OG, great build quality and seriously what started this all, GOD OF ALL PHONES then went to the Nexus and honestly after 2yrs coming from the the OG i felt like I lost some quality. The Nexus looked sleek but jesus, choppy voice calls, horrible signal and problem after problem, not to mention screen scratched easily again coming from a OG with no scratches in 2yrs and the phone felt cheap.

Traded it in and went to the Bionic, voice calls were great but the data signal was horrible, by far the worst, after putting up with it from January until 3 weeks ago I installed a ICS leak, different kernals and OMG solid data, not one drop, good voice calls, felt like a new phone, build quality awesome, no scratches on screen yet and can guarantee there wont be any. So that tells me its not neccesairly the radios but more of a software issue. So yeah it had a flaw with data but to be honest i thank alot of these data issues is surrounding VZW period but hey thats whatever.

Anyways after 6 months with my Bionic, my gf, sister and bro n law all have that Nexus that they kept and i ditched and all 3 complain all the time about how crappy the signal and calls are. So its like anything else in this world, u have bad experience with it and u hate it and vice versa. I thank anyone can agree with me that most people on this forum will say Moto has best radios and build quality and their all not moto fanboys, trust me theres a reason for that. But hey go look up Moto on wiki sometime, after u read u might understand why Moto USUALLY has the best radios, their the ones that started it all.

My rant, im done

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Last edited:

Deifan8

Reaction score
Loved my Motorola DX until it went into the toilet. Got Bionic after that and worst phone ever. S3 has been grest so far except battery life sucks for me.

HomePC

Reaction score
I am getting slightly better battery life from my S3 for a day's normal use than I did the Rezounds extended battery. If I had to hold 3 phones from the big 3 manufacturers up in the air and drop them I would rate their durability and construction in this order: HTC-> Motto-> Sammy.

Relex

Reaction score
And that's why I got an otterbox and a screen protector.

Caesars

Reaction score
I disagree completely, i haven't run any actual tests, but in my experience they're all equally screwed if they land on the corner :).

Googorola MAXX

NickDG

Reaction score
The OP may not understand "flexibility" is part of the strength equation. For example a very hard (and brittle) knife blade isn't as durable as one that's been properly heat treated to temper (or draw out) some of the hardness. Ever see the wing of an aircraft flexing in flight? That's by design and keeps the internal spars and ribs from failing under extreme loads.

I recently switched from the Dx to a Galaxy S3. While the X was a decent phone it was always a bit clunky in function but the main issue was the durability just isn't there. Hey, people drop phones, and they've been dropping phones since Mr. Bell invented them. My X developed the black line problem which morphed into big black splotches on the screen. I replaced the LCD screen myself ($40 for the LCD) and that went fine but while looking around inside the phone I wasn't impressed. Anyway I switched to the S3 after seeing the below CNET Torture Test. (Lol, if you did this test with an X it would be toast.)

[video=youtube;rGQOhVGFbyk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGQOhVGFbyk[/video]

TatDroid

Reaction score
That is a pretty awesome torture test. As has already been said, phone drops are so random - you never know what's going to cause a screen crack. And yes, I think the phone's "flex" design (like the back flying off on 2 of the 3 drop tests) actually help it survive drops. Some may see your phone coming apart when dropped as "cheap". But if it helps it survive (like a car's "crumple zone"), then I say it's good design and engineering.

Overall, on all four types of tests in this review, the S3 preformed like a champ.