better get insurance

napjester

Reaction score
Had this for a week now after having the D2 for yrs and the S3 is a well made phone. I compare it to wearing a kevlar vest or a steel plate over your chest. Just because the S3 is light doesn't make it weak. It will probably be fine. The part that might break is the screen which you have to worry about with all phones. We'll see how the Gorilla Glass 2 does (only time will tell) but it's supposed to be better than the old one which the Maxx has I believe (I'm sure you'll let me know if I'm wrong!).

Bottom line, the S3 and Maxx are both great phones and I only chose the S3 because I thought it would get more updates in the long run than the Maxx and I wanted to keep my unlimited. That being said, if the Maxx HD would have been available before 6/28, I might still be in the Motorola clan. We'll see if the verizon S3 gets the unlocked bootloader update I'm hearing rumors about.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
This may sound like a stupid question, I haven't played with the S3 yet.. How flexible are we talking? Couldn't the the fact it has some flex contribute to the cracking of internal components? Although like many of you have stated, if I was to actually consider this phone for my wife I would be buying some protection. I don't like to take any chances!

This phone is definitely on my list to check out for her.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Let me elaborate... I realize we aren't talking about bending in half or something extreme. I'm thinking about having it in a back pocket and accidentally sitting on it or leaning against a stool etc... so a slight bending of the phone (yes i also realize that this isn't good for any phone but I never have to worry about internal damage with the phones I've bought before).

JFrawls

Reaction score
Let me elaborate... I realize we aren't talking about bending in half or something extreme. I'm thinking about having it in a back pocket and accidentally sitting on it or leaning against a stool etc... so a slight bending of the phone (yes i also realize that this isn't good for any phone but I never have to worry about internal damage with the phones I've bought before).

I've been carrying it around in my pocket for the last week unprotected without any issue so far, I do have a couple cases coming for it though. The flex is not going to be measurable, I'm toying with it right now putting some pressure on it and I can't really tell

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I've been carrying it around in my pocket for the last week unprotected without any issue so far, I do have a couple cases coming for it though. The flex is not going to be measurable, I'm toying with it right now putting some pressure on it and I can't really tell

Cool and Thank you. Just thought I would ask after hearing all of the back and forth on different forums!

Mamba94

Reaction score
I came over from the OG Droid, D2G, & Bionic. I was worried about how light the SG3 would be, however I must say I am more than impressed with it. It feels great in hand. Get the insurance if worried about dropping it. I've had to use the insurance on a Motorola phone due to damage from a drop so they are not immune. Either way that is why I have insurance on my SG3.

Valvoline

Reaction score
Because of my profession,my phone gets a lot if use under a wide variety of circumstances and environments. It gets stored in pockets, pouches, slots and other spaces. The beautiful slim design had me worried that I would for sure drop it like I did my DX (which was a beast and never damaged, without a case or screen protector) so I got an otterbix this time. Not taking any chances this time. The case is nice,but the screennprotector is impossible to get on it without trapping dust in it. At least I know it'll withstand a clumsy handoff every now and then,lol

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
My phone NEVER goes in my BACK pocket, always the FRONT pocket with screen facing my body.

The same goes for me... Unfortunately, my wife does not use the same practice! I get insurance on all my phones. My Razr stays in it's Otterbox, unless I'm cleaning it!

skennelly

Reaction score
I think I am the only person on the planet who is not and was never impressed with Motorola. The boxy design leaves much to be desired. Horrific camera in all their devices. And I've never been satisfied with how their phones handle the hand off for 3G / 4G... slow.

No you're not. I agree with you 99.9%. I honestly think that Moto fan boys are almost as bad as apple

*Sent from my Galaxy to yours through tapatalk

Beka27

Reaction score
My phone NEVER goes in my BACK pocket, always the FRONT pocket with screen facing my body.

I know you use screen protectors (Clarivue FTW... lol) but for other people, I have heard of the little button things on jeans (what are they called rivets?) IDK... but the little button snap things that stick out by the pockets scratching a phone as someone was sliding it into their pocket facing their body. I'm not sure how prevalent that is but I have heard of that happening on more than one occasion. You could probably slide it in your pocket a thousand times and it would never happen, but then just once you're at a weird angle and the button scratches it.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
No you're not. I agree with you 99.9%. I honestly think that Moto fan boys are almost as bad as apple

*Sent from my Galaxy to yours through tapatalk

As bad as Apple...Yikes ..... Guess it is a good thing I'm open to other phones lol. I do prefer my Razr, but I'm always checking out the latest and greatest... I've tried several different phones over the years and Moto has been my favorite.

Valvoline

Reaction score
I don't have enough experience to say which phone I prefer having only had a dx and now the sg3, but comparing to Apple fan boys is a little harsh lol. Motto worked for me. Never a problem, never broke. But this Samsung is pretty sweet too. Did get the all in insurance. I usually only hanger insurance for the first year because in the second year I'm not going to fork over a 100 bucks for a refurb. Might as well get a new phone. Hmmm, however with the way the plans are now I might have to rethink that....Lol

HomePC

Reaction score
I had the Rezound with the larger battery. That felt like a brick. Great build quality and a good defensive weapon if needed. Unfortunately, after a kayak flipping in the river accident, it is a brick. I went to the S3 and it feels light and slippery. Waiting for a good case for it to be delivered. Wasn't worried about insurance on the HTC, but I will be getting it on the S3.

mkstn

Reaction score
I think I saw one case that has a cover for the screen. It might be a pain opening it all the time but if your job is tough on a phone it would be a good idea... so would insurance. These type of phones are not made for a lot of abuse like some of the other types are.