[Beta Testers Wanted] PingChat! Cross Platform Messaging App (BBM for all Platforms!)

Enflick

Reaction score
Hey Androids,

Let's get to the point, we all love Androids but we wish we had something like BBM.

PingChat! is your solution. It is the FIRST fully functional cross platform instant messenger. With over 1.5 million users it will not be long before Pinging is the new BBMing.

Our android version is pretty much complete and we are looking for beta testers. Blackberry is in its final beta stages and iPhone has been on the market for over a year now.

What can we do?
Instant messages
Sent and read notifications
Group Messaging
Image messaging
Video messaging
Voice note sending
Location sending (coming soon to android and blackberry - available on iPhone)
Add friends by use of a username instead of a complicated pin (Who wants to memorize 101ea13d when you can remember something like "Chad".

HOW TO BETA:
Join this Facebook Page: PingChat Android Beta

Teaser Video:

We will send out invite information to these testers. Here you can post bugs and discuss any changes you would like made. Get Pinging!

Last edited:

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
Hey Androids,

Let's get to the point, we all love Androids but we wish we had something like BBM.

PingChat! is your solution. It is the FIRST fully functional cross platform instant messenger. With over 1.5 million users it will not be long before Pinging is the new BBMing.

Our android version is pretty much complete and we are looking for beta testers. Blackberry is in its final beta stages and iPhone has been on the market for over a year now.

What can we do?
Instant messages
Image messaging
Video messaging
Voice note sending
Add friends by use of a username instead of a complicated pin (Who wants to memorize 101ea13d when you can remember something like "Chad".

HOW TO BETA:

Teaser Video:

We will send out invite information to these testers. Here you can post bugs and discuss any changes you would like made. Get Pinging!

How does this differ from KIK? which is another web "messaging" app. That other devices are on also.

OP
E

Enflick

Reaction score
The difference is we already have close to 1.5million users and we offer many features that other apps do not.

Image messaging
Video messaging
Voice messaging
Location messaging

On the app store there are hundreds of similar iphone-iphone apps. We are one of the largest and will be the first Android/iPhone/Blackberry apps.

Hey Androids,

What can we do?
Instant messages
Image messaging
Video messaging
Voice note sending

HOW TO BETA:

Teaser Video:

How does this differ from KIK? which is another web "messaging" app. That other devices are on also.

Last edited:
OP
E

Enflick

Reaction score
If you are looking for an instant messaging app and not a TEXTING app...we're the app to try.

ipawd1

Reaction score
Yeah we're waiting on you guys. Is there a "nearby" or "Search" feature so we can network with the 1.5 million people already using? Or do we just have to hope one of our friends have it... ala "TiKL"?

OP
E

Enflick

Reaction score
We will be integrating a search feature that links into twitter/email/facebook.

Bryant try a different browser.

tera_kristen

Reaction score
The beta race is on! Congrats Enflick on your Android development - it's good to have some healthy competition from a fellow pioneer in the cross-platform messaging space (especially from our neighbours in the AC space :)

Kik Messenger is already available on BlackBerry and iPhone - and we're in a very promising beta stage for Android. (You can find information here).

I hope there's some good feedback and comparison for the two beta Android apps - it's the best way for the apps to improve :)

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
So far the plus for kik messenger is i was able to download the apk right away, cant seem to get it for pingchat yet??? started "liking" facebook group 2 days ago still nada. just sayin...i love testing apps on the droid.

xfireguru

Reaction score
So far the plus for kik messenger is i was able to download the apk right away, cant seem to get it for pingchat yet??? started "liking" facebook group 2 days ago still nada. just sayin...i love testing apps on the droid.

I filled out their application this past Tuesday and am still waiting for a download link. I hope their app is good because their PR is weak.

bryant_16

Reaction score
Anyone has the Kik apk file to post here? I cant seem to find it in the market.