Bestskinsever skin is WAY better than the ZAGG skin...

GreenJeans

Reaction score
Truth.

I had the zagg skin, then the bse skin came out, and was cheap, so I got 2.
The bse skin has higher quality production (they remove the negative skin, makes it easier to peel off the card), smoother application (the bse skin tends to float into place until you squeegee the water out. The zagg skin slides a bit and sticks), and better coverage (the zagg skin was in more pieces, and left the edge of the corners slightly exposed. the bse skin fit perfect, in fewer pieces, with a little bit more coverage).
Maybe due to the temperamentalness of applying the zagg skin, but the bse skin looks nicer, no bubbles.

looking back, I shoulda took pictures of the zagg skin on, but trust me, the bse skin is better.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sounds like an Ad...

jsquared

Reaction score
I just finished installing mine +1 this is my 4th full body cover (3M, invisible guard, zagg and now BSE) SO MUCH EASIER TO INSTALL...just use a blow dryer for the corners and now I'm waiting for it to dry for at least 12-16 hrs before turning it back on...will post pictures when I have a chance

wildrage

Reaction score
My experience is that BSE and Zagg are nearly identical. The difference is that Zagg comes with a squeegy and solution. The vast difference in price always makes BSE my choice.

In 1 or 2 instances I found that Zagg provided more coverage then BSE (for example, for my Omnia, the Zagg kit came with a cut out for the optical mouse and the BSE did not).

I think they are both better then Ghost Armor, which is made from a more vinyl-like material. I recommend Ghost Armor for the screen only (less friction being that it is more vinyl-like).

BSE gets a +1 from me.

mac5217

Reaction score
Just installed BSE....and my honest opinion....IT SUX!
Unless I didnt get all the pieces...there is obsolutly no potection for the the phone around the area where buttons are located. These are the corners that protrude the most and will most likely take the impact of a fall. And the residue on the screen protector makes the images look slightly distorted?!? Perhaps this will get better over the next few days. But overall....waste of money!

Kermy

Reaction score
Just installed BSE....and my honest opinion....IT SUX!
Unless I didnt get all the pieces...there is obsolutly no potection for the the phone around the area where buttons are located. These are the corners that protrude the most and will most likely take the impact of a fall. And the residue on the screen protector makes the images look slightly distorted?!? Perhaps this will get better over the next few days. But overall....waste of money!

About the corners and sides: I actually emailed BSE about it after I installed my skin and here's what they said:

"We intentionally did not make Skin for the sides because that area does not lend well to having Skin on it. They are very narrow and would be vulnerable to wear therefore peel off easily. Small Skin pieces seldom stay on well. In spite of this we'll go ahead and design the Skin for the area in the next couple weeks or so. We'll notify you when we have them available and will ship to you."

mac5217

Reaction score
I actually cut a strip of black electric tape with a razor and ruler and have been using that to protect the corners. So far its works great!

tktouch12

Reaction score
i am thinking about a zagg maybe, but they dont seem to protect that well (on the droid). someone should post pictures of the best skin ever

tktouch12

Reaction score
actually, it looks like it protects more spots than the IS does and its cheaper.
ONLY Question- is the material as high quality, and does it come off without leaving residue like the IS?

don_813

Reaction score
Does Best Skins Ever come with 2 kits in 1 like PhantomSkinz does, or does it only ship one.

D-Roid

Reaction score
Does Best Skins Ever come with 2 kits in 1 like PhantomSkinz does, or does it only ship one.

My kit only came with one. Also to answer an earlier question about sticky residue. It doesn't seem to leave anything on the glass when removed. I removed it after 1 day because I wasn't happy with it. I then reapplied it and it looked almost perfect. As for residue on the rest of the body, I don't know as I haven't removed it yet. The other gripe is it doesn't have a skin for the edge around the entire perimeter of the phone. (the edge with the camera key)

DroidxRage

Reaction score
I had this on my old Motorola Q... had it for almost 4 years and when I took it off the phone still looked new. The covers tend to discolor a little over time (ie: 4 years, lol). They were fairly simple to put on as well.

Also still have one on my Creative Zen 80GB mp3 player. Been 4-5 years at least and still protecting great.

So I can vouch for these being high quality in product at least...