Best way to Tether Droid Thunderbolt phone for internet to PC

Golden137

Reaction score
How can I tether the internet from my thunderbolt to my pc? I am not familiar with rooting at all. I tried a non rooting option but was asked to mount my SD card on my computer and I do not see an option for that. What should I do? What is my best option?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
You can use the verizon hotspot feature but that costs an additional $30/month. Only other option is to root, use a third party tethering app. Just be aware Verizon is keeping an eye on tethering that goes against Verizon's TOS.

This post is Incredible 2

DAVID2010

Reaction score
It's easy. Just add the Mobile Hotspot feature. Your data plan is for your smartphone. Not your PC, tablet, XBOX, etc.

OP
G

Golden137

Reaction score
It says that I have to subscribe to use the mobile hotspot feature and I'm not sure what the few is but I'm not really trying to add on to my bill every month. Any other suggestions?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
It says that I have to subscribe to use the mobile hotspot feature and I'm not sure what the few is but I'm not really trying to add on to my bill every month. Any other suggestions?

I'm pretty sure your other options require you to root.

As other have said, though, Verizon is starting to crack down on tethering that goes against their TOS. Consider yourself warned.

MTBryan

Reaction score
No, you don't have to root. Just download Pdanet. I was teathered online with it for a couple of hours yesterday.

I don't have Gingerbread yet though. Not sure if it works with GBread.