Best way to sync music???

meaker

Reaction score
What is the best way to sync your music if you use Itunes? I have had my Droid since they came out and still Haven't been sold on any of the ways I tried.. I used Moto media Link( still the best so far but I don't like it), Double twist(seems real laggy, it doubles my songs and won't notify if a song had copyright encoding) Itunes agent( no playlist) Isyncr app ( you can only sync playlist or all your music library but can not select what alums or artist to sync)
I haven't tried Salling software yet

rmcray08

Reaction score
I've got to say I'm still a big fan of DoubleTwist. I use it for Mac, and it still acts a little finicky, but I'm overall pretty happy with it. I went to my iTunes account and upgraded all my purchases to iTunes plus so that copyright issues would no longer be a problem. Unfortunately, doubletwist, like you said, can't cross-link the same music file to multiple playlists, so you end up with duplicates, but I still think it's a tolerable problem.

searayman

Reaction score
check out the link in my signature, its a review of song bird for the droid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also recommend Double Twist. It also does pictures as well as music.

droidbound

Reaction score
Songbird and Droid

I just tried Songbird for the first time and so far it works like a charm.
But it shows some *.wav files which are in the Droids \Android\data\.com.google.android.maps\cache directory in it's library.
Is there a way to remove these (and potential later music files that are not music per se like ring tones etc) from displaying in the library? Like telling Songbird to only scan the 'Music' directory on the SD card? I cannot find an option for that.

ashkev843

Reaction score
I just tried Songbird for the first time and so far it works like a charm.
But it shows some *.wav files which are in the Droids \Android\data\.com.google.android.maps\cache directory in it's library.
Is there a way to remove these (and potential later music files that are not music per se like ring tones etc) from displaying in the library? Like telling Songbird to only scan the 'Music' directory on the SD card? I cannot find an option for that.

I always just drag and drop them. Plug in your droid to the cpu. Mount the sdcard. Then open your sdcard in folder view and go to the music folder. Then in another window find you itunes music library on the c drive and just drag what you want onto the music folder on your sdcard.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Best way to sync music???
Best is always subjective. For me, iTunes Agent has been the best of what I've tried. It might help to qualify what you mean by best.

I can infer from your OP that you want something quick, notifies you of DRM, syncs playlists and allows you to specify the artists/albums that you want to sync. Is that it? Do any of these features take priority over the others?

rjax

Reaction score
I haven't tried it, but some people really like iSyncr from the Market. It's supposed to preserve play counts and the most-played playlist.

OP
M

meaker

Reaction score
Well I gave doubletwist another try and music wasn't even showing up on my Droid. Not sure why. Might have to trying downloading the software again but it was crazy laggy too. takes for ever to sync with your itunes.. I also gave Songbird a try but some of my albums are mix techno with different artist for each song so it broke it down into one song albums. Could not play the whole album cause it came up as 15 different artist with the same name albums but 15 different ones.... No good.
As for making one droid playlist well I don't want all my albums in one big playlist.. That would not work..
Itunes agent works great but you can't put playlist on with it.. No good.
Syncr I have and great for playlist and syncing your entire library but mine is too big 30kb and there is no way to just add the music you want on there...

So as right now there still is no best way to sync your itunes music on a droid if your library is bigger then droid storage... Now I love my droid but this is where the Droid falls short to a iphone. I still need to take a Ipod to the gym cause of this. Well also Droid doesn't play continues play albums with out putting a pause between tracks(more like a hiccup but still a break in the music. Iphone or ipod doesn't do this)
Has anybody tried salling software? (still haven't tried it yet) They have a free version but offer a paid that faster at syncing.. From the looks they offer the same as syncr with no way to add just some of your library..

Last edited: