Best way to perform Factory Default Reset (and restore data) after ICS

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Weird looked at the reboot and it says 1/1 for me. I have never rooted my phone and bought it new from VZW. What kinds of things can I do to check to see if I am truly rooted?

Same with me. You can get the Root Checker app from the Play Store.

OP
J

jetguat

Reaction score
Same with me. You can get the Root Checker app from the Play Store.

same with me. I'm about to download a root checker [joeykrim] and see what it says. Which root checker did you use.. what did it report?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
bionic207 said:
Weird looked at the reboot and it says 1/1 for me. I have never rooted my phone and bought it new from VZW. What kinds of things can I do to check to see if I am truly rooted?

That is pretty odd because it says you were rooted. That's not right if you never were. Did you ever have to get a replacement which would mean it's a refurbished phone? If so, whoever owned the phone before it was refurbished has rooted it. I suppose Verizon could not hold you accountable for a previously rooted phone if it is refurbished...because they could not be certain when it was.

bionic207

Reaction score
Got it brand new. Did get a route checker and it says I am not rooted so.......

OP
J

jetguat

Reaction score
Got it brand new. Did get a route checker and it says I am not rooted so.......

The root checker for me says not rooted also. But if you boot into recovery what does yours say? Mine says 1/1 even though it was brand new on day #1 of availability

bionic207

Reaction score
Mine says 1/1 too. Weird bought new from verizon in a sealed box. Very odd