Best voice dialer

lcarbrey

Reaction score
I was wondering what you think the best app for voice control is? I'd mostly be interested in voice dialing. Is there something better than the thing that came with the phone? Do any of them work through bluetooth?

OP
L

lcarbrey

Reaction score
Thanks I was looking at that one, but figured I'd ask here in case there was something better before I pay for it.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks I was looking at that one, but figured I'd ask here in case there was something better before I pay for it.

I'd give it four (out of five) stars. Its weaknesses are the usual ones for voice recognition software i.e. speak distinctly and slowly. I have found one oddity. I have "Camera Magic" as well as the default "Camera" app on my phone. But when I say "Open Camera" it only recognizes "Camera Magic." Might have to do with setting a "default" action but I don't think so. Still investigating and have sent an email to the developer.

I don't use bluetooth but it apparently supports it in some fashion. And the option to use the camera button to activate voice dialing when not in a camera app is an excellent option.

Edit: Since I brought it up, I feel obligated to note that the odd behavior noted above seems to have been a problem with the OS, not the app. Odd behavior with other apps required a system reboot and the problem with the voice dialer disappeared.

Last edited: