Best ROM for a DX

jgregoryj1

Reaction score
My wife has a DX with 2.3 and hates how slow and laggy it is plus the constant reboots. She gave me the go ahead to install a custom ROM on her phone. She is not a technical person at all and just uses the phone as pretty much a phone. She wants a ROM that is fast and clean. CM7 would probably not be a good candidate for her. I use a D2G (w/ CM7) but wanted to ask the community what their thoughts are on a good ROM for her. Again she is not a techy person and needs just a simple clean, lightweight yet fast ROM. Thank you to all in advance.

Last edited:

droidxchat

Reaction score
zombiestomped or ssx might be good candidates, both benefit from great hardware compatibility and stability. zombiestomped might be the more minimalistic one of the two, which might be what she is looking for since she's not exactly a power user, i was on it for 3 months with no reboots or lockups, real fast, i would also download spare parts onto her phone and increase "transition animations" to "fast" then uninstall spare parts. this will give her phone a much faster feel.

Last edited:

Chloenaiter

Reaction score
I would also try MIUI once it becomes more stable it is a very unique, fast, and easy ROM plus it is very pretty and customizable

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apex. Its very fast, clean, stable and more. Its my favorite GB based ROM and I have used all except Darkslide.

I also hit a 3250 Quadrant score overclocked to 1.3 GHz.

CM74DX

Smack77

Reaction score
MIUI by far in my opinion. Just gave it to my wife and she loves it. She is also not techy. It has simple ways to change themes and simple tools that make it "cool" 17 Hidden Tips And Tricks For MIUI Android ROM That You Probably Didn't Know

Biggest downside is they don't have the 720P resolution figured out and the stock video player will not play older videos recorded in 720P.

Most of the bugs she will not even encounter.

timelord

Reaction score
Liberty GB for the X The X came with blur and liberty allows you to keep or discard the blur you want. It supports hdmi out and has great battery life.

clouse2013

Reaction score
I like cm7 but its battery life isn't great on the x. If she wants better life, I would wanna say go with a froyo rom like apex or liberty GB

James_W

Reaction score
I've been using liberty GB. The interface is almost exactly like the stock interface with froyo. Plus its stable, and you can install the blur elements you want to use. Like the camera because it takes the best panoramic pictures.

Sent from my AT100 using DroidForums