Best place to buy

eap369

Reaction score
anyone know where the best place to buy it at? Does costco have a package deal like they did for the bionic?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Jonas

Reaction score
I would check around. Online stores are good if you know what you want, and don't need a sales rep to BS you into buying whatever they are trying to sell for quota. But some stores like bestbuy can be good if you're a complete noob. I would check the stores first, then head online. The worst case is you spend a little more time, and don't save a huge ammount.

Sent from my Banana Phone

OP
eap369

eap369

Reaction score
Thanks I've been looking for the nexus but I went to a local costco and they don't have them yet I guess

OP
eap369

eap369

Reaction score
Costco had a package deal on the bionic when it came out that included the extended battery, a car charger, driving gps dock, And a regular dock for 289 when verizon sold just the phone for 299

Droid592

Reaction score
Got mine from Amazon wireless for $149 shipped no tax, only thing is the additional terms but I really don't see myself switching phones or being late on my bill in the next six months. I've ordered a total of four phones from them and have never had a issue and great customer support. While a store is nice being taxed on retail price of the phone sucks shopping online you can beat that plus free two day shipping ( mine actually was over night).

Sent from my Unlocked & Rooted G Nexus

OP
eap369

eap369

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply ill look into that

JohnnyDroid

Reaction score
I got to within 200 feet of a Best Buy yesterday, surveyed the parking lot, imagined the number of people buying a cellphone and just drove off. Can't handle that many people acting like pigs late to the feeding trough.

Either after the holidays or online for me.

Arodnum1

Reaction score
I got to within 200 feet of a Best Buy yesterday, surveyed the parking lot, imagined the number of people buying a cellphone and just drove off. Can't handle that many people acting like pigs late to the feeding trough.

Either after the holidays or online for me.

Just go on Monday lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

kedmond

Reaction score
The BestBuy I went to said they'd only pricematch actual stores, and not websites. Did you do anything special to get them to do a pricematch?

The problem with BestBuy is that they're asking $300 for an upgrade while Verizon itself wants $250!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

JohnnyDroid

Reaction score
The BestBuy I went to said they'd only pricematch actual stores, and not websites. Did you do anything special to get them to do a pricematch?

The problem with BestBuy is that they're asking $300 for an upgrade while Verizon itself wants $250!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

On another thread here someone was saying Radio Shack is selling the phone for $239? but with a 2 week wait. If you print the order form showing the price, Best Buy might match it. Verizon wouldn't do that for me yesterday and I didn't feel like battling the crowds at Best Buy. Please post whether it works for you if you decide to try it.

vthokies1996

Reaction score
No. I did nothing special. Asked the guy if they price match letstalk.com. He said yes. Explained to me that Best Buy mobile, even though they were in a Best Buy store have different price match policies. That for cell phones, they will price match online. I wasn't able to get the $75 off Letstalk, since it had been removed from the Letstalk.com face book page. He was ready to price match both our phones at $225. Then my friend called and said that Amazon wireless had dropped to $199. I told the salesperson, he went online and determined that the Amazon wireless deal was for the primary line only. We are on family plan.

He price matched my wife's phone to $199.99 and mine to $225.99. I watched his terminal as he made the price change. For competitor the system had a list the employee could choose from, Amazon is on that list. He chose that for the wife's phone, since Letstalk.com was not listed in his computer, he chose Other and entered Letstalk.com into the comments.

For non-cellphone they will not match online. But if they are telling you they don't match online competitor's for cellphones, it doesn't make sense that they would have Amazon.com listed as a competitor in the cash register computer. Employee said they match all the time, said they would even match Verizon's new every two. Told me several times they match online for cell phones all the time. All they have to do is look up the deal and make sure the price matches they type of upgrade you are getting. Said Best Buy mobile is a separate entity within store, that they have a separate manager, and separate district manager.

If the person you asked is not working Best Buy mobile, they may have told you they don't match online. If it was Best Buy mobile, maybe ask them if they go into their computer to price match something have them explain why Amazon is listed for an employee to choose if they don't match online competitor.

OP
eap369

eap369

Reaction score
I guess its amazon or best buy for me
Thanks for all the replies