Where to buy?

element192

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
In advance of the Galaxy Nexus being released, hopefully this Friday, I'm wondering where exactly the best place to purchase it is? I live in California if that makes a difference. Is it cheaper or better to buy the phone somewhere other than the Verizon store? Like at Costco, Best Buy, or one of the "Verizon" retailers? Or, is this something that Amazon would sell? I would just prefer to buy it somewhere that is the most recommended, I've only dealt with Verizon stores prior to this. Thanks.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I haven't seen any Costco deals yet but you never know. Right now everything seems to be so secretive.

OP
E

element192

Reaction score
Yeah I haven't either and I've been reading through most of the threads and it sounds like Costco has never had a Nexus before, so it seems likely they wouldn't carry the GN. Assuming they don't, where else is a "good" place to purchase new phones? I haven't purchased one in over two years which was my OG that I'm still using!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yeah I haven't either and I've been reading through most of the threads and it sounds like Costco has never had a Nexus before, so it seems likely they wouldn't carry the GN. Assuming they don't, where else is a "good" place to purchase new phones? I haven't purchased one in over two years which was my OG that I'm still using!

It all depends, like I said, we don't have specifics as to who is going to have it on launch day. Best Buy? Definitely the VZW Store. Best idea is to keep an eye here on the forums as people will post updated info on it as it comes in. :)

OP
E

element192

Reaction score
It all depends, like I said, we don't have specifics as to who is going to have it on launch day. Best Buy? Definitely the VZW Store. Best idea is to keep an eye here on the forums as people will post updated info on it as it comes in. :)
That's true. I can't stop checking the forums anyway, I've been addicted to it. I'm just trying to be prepared for when it finally is released. While my preference is to buy it on release date, if for some reason it's better to purchase from Best Buy (or someone else) I could probably hold off a few days. I'm pretty busy this weekend anyway...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm sure other retail stores other than Verizon will throw something extra in their deals, usually some sort of little bundle. However, I'm going to purchase from Verizon to avoid any 3rd party interference, I've had a horrible and stressful situation with 3rd party retailer in the past and I never want to go through that again

TheBoyPat

Reaction score
Does amazon normally get phones like this? Can you get a 2-year price on a phone? I'm asking because I've got almost 400 in amazon credit to blow...

TuxDude

Reaction score
Yes I'm assuming Amazon would also be selling the phone but one that would work on the VZW network only... They usually sell it for a good price if you go with a new 2-yr contract...

I'm interested in the no-contract price though since I'm halfway through my contract and dont wanna break my contract and unlimited data / lose my number...

I know that a new GSM UK galaxy nexus sells for close to $750 on ebay... I'm prepared to pay till $450 for an used but almost new galaxy nexus :)

middleP

Reaction score
I've had a horrible and stressful situation with 3rd party retailer in the past and I never want to go through that again

Sorry to hijack (although this could be helpful to the OP also), but do you mind elaborating on your 3rd party experience?