Best Place to Buy?

The Professor

Reaction score
Greetings. I am looking at picking up a Droid on Friday and was looking for any reccommendations on where to buy the phone. I will be switching from another network. I noticed at the Verizon store the phone is $199 but after a mail in rebate whereas online its an instant $199. Never bought a phone from somewhere like Best Buy, but would entertain that as well. Basically looking to see if any place offers any perks for purchasing there. Thanks.

wsbsteven

Reaction score
You have the best chance of having good service and support if needed from a VZW store. You can get it cheaper other places but for me, it isn't worth it.

qoncept

Reaction score
It's $149 at Sears. If you have any problems, you can go to the Verizon store.

inigomntoya

Reaction score
Verizon is selling them for $199 - as are most other places.

Walmart has them for $180. Wirefly.com is selling them for $150.

Sears has them for $149 (for new customers only). Give your local Sears a call and see if they have them in stock and if they are the same price in the store as they are online. I have never bought a phone from Sears before, so I would look around the forum to see if anyone else has.

I got mine from Best Buy. I got mine as a current customer with a new two year upgrade. Best Buy price matched the Verizon.com web price and I walked out with my Droid in hand for $99 + tax.

Best of luck in finding a phone!

OP
T

The Professor

Reaction score
Cool thanks. Would there be any disadvantages from buying at a place like Sears? For instance, if there was a problem with my phone could I walk into any Verizon store and still be taken care of?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks. Would there be any disadvantages from buying at a place like Sears? For instance, if there was a problem with my phone could I walk into any Verizon store and still be taken care of?

If you have an issue. VZW will get it fixed. So get it where you want :)