Best overall rom after trying them all...

Rezael

I have used every rom on the DROID x available and liberty .9 wins hands down. HDMI works. Sick sick battery life. Moderate use and on day 3 with 30% battery left. Got the best of blur without the bloat. It really is tits. I stayed on cm4dx from nightlie 3 to 30 and the battery and lack of hdmi put it as a distant second. Finally back on liberty since Tuesday and I am really enjoying the experience.
If you want a rom where 99% of it works perfect and the best battery life possible Liberty is the hands down winner.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
I honestly have to agree. I love the customization of CM7, but the lack of development is disappointing. I know CVPCS is a busy man, but I'm sure other dev's would have gladly stepped up to help him iron out the kinks for the DX. I cant wait till Justice ROM is complete, Im sure it will have even more customization then CM7 and be pure AOSP with the performance of Liberty. Time to SBF back to 0.9

/endrant

Last edited:

mcp770

You guys should try liquid gingerbread. All the best parts of CM4DX but with everything working so no need for patch zips. Aosp so sadly no hdmi but that's it. I like it much better than cm.

OP
Rezael

Rezael

Having to charge my phone because I made a 15 minute phone call on cm7 gets old quick. Sure the easy use theme chooser was nice but what good is a pretty looking phone when you lose 10% battery life every time you use the phone briefly. Liberty really does the job and in style.

brad92

Silver Member
Liberty v.09 is only in the Pro Liberty Toolbox. v.08 is available for free though.

CM74DX

snoop5

Having to charge my phone because I made a 15 minute phone call on cm7 gets old quick. Sure the easy use theme chooser was nice but what good is a pretty looking phone when you lose 10% battery life every time you use the phone briefly. Liberty really does the job and in style.

is there a way to take the battery file from another rom like liberty.9 and put in a rom like liquid and it would be almost perfect, just wondering not that tech savvy yet. :icon_ banana:

OP
Rezael

Rezael

I think it has to do with how the rom is built. Liberty. 9 is made from the blur motorola version of gb. While a mod like cm7 comes directly from google . Its called android open source project. Or more commonly referred to as aosp.
Since moto made the hardware it may just run better off a base blur as of now. HDMI is a huge plus. And so is the battery life.

snoop5

I think it has to do with how the rom is built. Liberty. 9 is made from the blur motorola version of gb. While a mod like cm7 comes directly from google . Its called android open source project. Or more commonly referred to as aosp.

oh shoot.......guess ill continue to enjoy anyway,all better than stock. thanks
dancedroid

snoop5

Liberty v.09 is only in the Pro Liberty Toolbox. v.08 is available for free though.

CM74DX
thats a bummer but thanks :icon_ banana:

V.08 is basically the same. V.09 has an upgraded superuser and market. That's it

LGX v2.4

is the battery life the same, just curious, gonna be hard to give up liquid though :icon_ banana:.....hmmmmmm wonder is that the battery bandit the superuser.

Last edited:
OP
Rezael

Rezael

Id have to say exactly the same. Get quick clock advanced. And battery calibrater.

brad92

Silver Member
Its probably the same since there are so few changes between them.

I have tried pretty much all the Gingerbread ROMs except Drew Garen (for reasons y'all probably know). My favorite is CM7 and Liquid. A close second is Apex for its stability, speed and the fact that I never had one issue with it.

LGX v2.4

snoop5

Its probably the same since there are so few changes between them.

I have tried pretty much all the Gingerbread ROMs except Drew Garen (for reasons y'all probably know). My favorite is CM7 and Liquid. A close second is Apex for its stability, speed and the fact that I never had one issue with it.

LGX v2.4
are you running liquid 2.4 on your x i noticed it in your post, or is that for the d2