Best Music Player??

mls21

Reaction score
So, I've downloaded a bunch of free ones from the Market, and then purchased bTunes as well. bTunes is pretty good - using that one now, but didn't know if anyone had any other recommendations. So far a gripe with bTunes is that it has to load everything in when I open it. Doesn't take too long, just kinda annoying...

I'm looking for something fairly intuitive, fast, simple. I don't need anything crazy, just looking to play music.

Lynx

Reaction score
So, I've downloaded a bunch of free ones from the Market, and then purchased bTunes as well. bTunes is pretty good - using that one now, but didn't know if anyone had any other recommendations. So far a gripe with bTunes is that it has to load everything in when I open it. Doesn't take too long, just kinda annoying...

I'm looking for something fairly intuitive, fast, simple. I don't need anything crazy, just looking to play music.

I have tried about everyone and like you I purchased bTunes also. However I recently found one called Lithium, its 2 dollars and change but I think its easily the best player on the market. The widgets are fully customizable and has a crossfader.

OP
M

mls21

Reaction score
This is a very subjective question, but I like DoubleTwist.

I know it's subjective, but just looking for others to try. I'll give this and Lithium a whirl - don't think I've tried either of them.

Thanks!

Lynx

Reaction score
You should post back here with some feedback after you have tried them too :)

Lynx

Reaction score
bTunes the best one

bTunes is a dead app that hasnt been updated in months. It had a chance to be the best music app but now its not even close. Check out Lithium, its infinitely better than bTunes in its current state.

Vazguard

Reaction score
The developer of bTunes stated on his FB page that he hasn't updated the app in a while (has some issues with Froyo) but he will be back at it soon.

Lynx

Reaction score
The developer of bTunes stated on his FB page that he hasn't updated the app in a while (has some issues with Froyo) but he will be back at it soon.

Ya I saw that too, but even if he updates it IMO Lithium still dominates it for 2 main reasons: customizable widgets, and crossfader. But like it has been mentioned its all preference :) I gues alot of people love cubed, but I personally hate it. So to each his own.

Last edited:

Briankbl

Reaction score
My favorite is Mixzing. A recent update added EQ, which few players on the Market have, for whatever reason.

Lynx

Reaction score
How good is the EQ in MixZing, I saw the update but havent tried it out yet.

Briankbl

Reaction score
How good is the EQ in MixZing, I saw the update but havent tried it out yet.

I think it works great. There are a decent amount of presets, but it seems fully customizable and allows you to save a custom setup. Also, you can change EQ settings midsong so you can hear the differences really well. The only catch is that the EQ settings only work with .mp3's. But that's a non-issue for me.