btunes Music player beta: best music player for droid?

bleys121

Reaction score
The new btunes Music player beta seems to be the best music player except for a few issues, namely the play list function not working. This is really shaping up to be what I was looking for in a music player for the droid. Try it out and let me know what you guys think.

rec08

Reaction score
def not spam! he is right, the app is by far the best music app...dont call it spam if you dont try it!

baniels

Reaction score
def not spam! he is right, the app is by far the best music app...dont call it spam if you dont try it!

Interesting. 7 of your 10 posts on this forum have been about this player.

The smell is growing.

BzB

Reaction score
*sigh*

the app still needs work. their team is pushing it really hard though, to the brink of being considered spam.

there is no 'best' media player for android phones. or should i say there are no outstanding media players for android...yet.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Im going to jump on with baniels and call spam. I installed this player and it isnt so amazing. The gestures are cool sure, but not all that amazing.

Far as im concerned the best music player is stock with music control added. Then i can change songs,ffwd,pause and play with my camera button, never needing to unlock my phone.

csphokie

Reaction score
I think this player definitely has potential, I just wish that it interfaced w/ bluetooth better. My car stereo has the bluetooth controls that work GREAT w/ the stock ap.

I can turn on btunes, then when I go to advance the song using the car stereo, the stock ap opens up and starts playing another song over top of the one btunes is playing. Anyone know a way around that?

pudah

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with it? The beta was great. I paid for and upgraded to the final release and now it doesnt work at all. It opens and says it is loading music from the SD card. This gets stuck and never progresses. If I kill the app and re-open there is no music in the library able to play and when I manually refresh it gets stuck again. I've rebooted, I've reinstalled, nothing. I dont want to go back to beta as I paid for this version.

mcinvaille

Reaction score
I'm digging the MixZing Player; the Album Art mechanism is pretty slick.

csphokie

Reaction score
Gave MixZing a try...really like it.

I'm digging the MixZing Player; the Album Art mechanism is pretty slick.

Even works really well with my car's bluetooth unlike Btunes. I'll keep using it for a few days and make sure nothing weird pops up. Thanks for the recommendation!

OP
B

bleys121

Reaction score
Mixzing & ect

I used to use Mixzing, but I found that the navigation of it wasn't so easy (or intuitive) for instance playing all albums from one artist, the weird way it imports/organizes play lists and the not-so-easy way to navigate back from "now playing" to the "artists" section.
I was looking pretty hard for the best music player on the droid and Btunes has now done it in my opinion. The Dev is crazy, I bugged him about fixing some **** and he did it in less than a day. Btunes downloads album artwork just like Mixzing as well, so I don't see how Mixzing is better in that respect. Btunes is also really new...but still the most functional IMO! (This is not spam, just a satisfied custy).

elgordo123

Reaction score
I like the gui for btunes, but there has been so many times that I add music to my phone and it doesn't pick it up -even after manual scans, the stock player does. I uninstalled it and am just using stock now.

OP
B

bleys121

Reaction score
I like the gui for btunes, but there has been so many times that I add music to my phone and it doesn't pick it up -even after manual scans, the stock player does. I uninstalled it and am just using stock now.
Newest version of Btunes doesn't do that, it just reads whats on the sdcard (no more refreshing/importing). I've been pretty involved with the Dev, he is very responsive to my requests/suggestions. I really liked this prog and its potential, so I know what's been going on with the versions. It wasn't working for me for a while, but he worked out all the issues. I'd try it out again if I were you. This is the music player I have been looking for on the droid...I am just trying to spread the word. The only thing gay about it is that he modeled it from the iphone...

jasonb

Reaction score
i use btunes. i even got the paid version. it even has a smoked glass widget.