Best iTunes Syncing App

AlexRogers

Reaction score
What is the best way to sync all of my music from iTunes (none actually purchased through iTunes) to my Droid X. I tried using Double Twist but I am not a big fan of the desktop app. I also just created a a "music" folder on my sd card and copied the music, but a lot of my album arts did not carry over for some reason. Any help?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i like iSyncr. other people in this forum have mentioned Easy Phone Tunes. i've dl'd it but haven't tried it. Moto also has something on it's website to do it. there's lots of them out there, and there's lots of threads about it - you just have to trudge through the threads, and then trial and error on your phone...

tedwin

Reaction score
Use Isyncr

Double twist is buggy and does not correctly import playlists from Itunes. Sometimes you have to check to make sure Double Twist imports the playlist into your phone. Plus, video importing is a joke. Where is the Verizon Iphone?.....Ok, in the meantime, use isyncr, the lite version only imports one playlist at a time with a max of 20 songs but the price for the full version is worth the headache of using the crappy Windows Media Manager to redo your playlist and import your list that takes forever or a crappy double twist that doesn't do what it says. Isyncr full version is quick and easy.

lg24

Reaction score
Try TuneSync. Works like a charm for me.

Sorry if this has been discussed before but would this let me listen to music in Apple Lossless format? I'm on Verizon and really love this phone but it wouldn't be worth carrying around something so bulky if I didn't have all my music on it

Ainvar

Reaction score
iSyncr gets a vote for me. I use to use Doubletwist but it is slow, buggy, and not quite there yet. I think once they rewrite their code and framework along with having it sync faster with itunes and also your phone then they might have something.

I tried iSyncr and I will not look back. No issues with it, syncs quickly, playlist works gets moved over to phone, and it just works!

Well worth the few bucks the dev is asking for.

wumpiewoo

Reaction score
TuneSync works great and syncs over wi-fi. I don't think an iphone can do that can it?

kpiskin

Reaction score
I was using doubletwist, but after I switched my library to a new computer, it started giving me an error that I needed to upgrade to itunes plus which I already had. So just as an experiment I simply copied my music library from my computer to my DX and they all work! Why do I need another app if my music is already DRM free?

dlmvegas

Reaction score
Well I have been working with doubletwist. Seems a little flakey to me. Works once in awhile but not consistently. Checked out Motorola Media Link. Piece of junk. Documentation sucks as well.

I am looking to take my playlists from itunes and move them and the songs associated with them to the droid. Doubletwist will do this well but doesn't work everytime. Sometimes it won't recognize that I've even plugged in my Droid to the computer. I wouldn't think this would be rocket science. With the Motorola program I can't figure out how to only sync the playlists and songs. Documentation doesn't even explain how.

Download the Missing Sync program. It only wants to connect via bluetooth or wi-fi to sync and you have to install the program on your droid as well. This is in addition to the PC.

Gee I wished these doubletwist people would get their act together on the PC side.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
+1 for iSyncr - the dev has added an add on to sync wirelessly and is progressing toward single song sync (right now, it will sync your playlists with no problems)...

CrashF16

Reaction score
Album Art Grabber is a free app that will load album art on the X.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
i like iSyncr. other people in this forum have mentioned Easy Phone Tunes. i've dl'd it but haven't tried it. Moto also has something on it's website to do it. there's lots of them out there, and there's lots of threads about it - you just have to trudge through the threads, and then trial and error on your phone...

+1 iSyncr is great, lite, and easy to use.