Best IM app?

foolie

Reaction score
What's the one to go for? I've tried ebuddy & nimbuzz, thought both have little issues when scrolling thru the buddy list.

Also I'm looking for one that saves chat logs :D.

gouranga24

Reaction score
Meebo

I've used Meebo on many different platforms (PC, MAC, IPHONE, etc...) and have been satisfied with it. I'm hoping that Adium comes out with an app, haven't seen one avail yet.

R1Lover

Reaction score
Meebo is available and I have installed and tested it, it works just as great as it did on the iphone.

OP
foolie

foolie

Reaction score
Does it save chat logs? d/ling now thanks fellas.

edit: turns out it does! i logged in w/ my meebo acct and it had my previous conversations saved, WIN!

Last edited:

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
i was trying ebuddy but when i go to the screen where it shows all my online/offline contacts, it messes up the screen until i flick the screen.. and also, my friends keep telling me that my chat messages that gets displayed on their screen shows something like #font#color#AAAFFF"my message"] or something like this..

i also tried meebo bu the FB chat on it doesn't seem to be working though...

jaxjaggywires

Reaction score
I use Meebo, and it's great. Facebook chat was working fine for me last night...no one's on right now for me try at the present time, but it was working last night.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been having an isssue with all chats so far, they all want to force close after a couple IM's, not the whole program it just says it need to force a close then exits that IM screen then goes back to the main menu of the program. It was VERY strange, so i'm not sure if that was just something wrong with my unit or if others were having the same issue?

jbr13

Reaction score
Just downloaded Meebo app, that is great! Shows the same as chat window in Facebook. If you have facebook up on computer, it even pops up the chat window of the person you are talking to. So, if you were on your phone chatting on facebook, and get back to your computer, you can just take up right were you left off on your phone. Even shows you chat history on computer.

THumbs up!

solo

Reaction score
I tried nubuddy and meebo and had the same issues. It force closes and says no network in red.

m0nkee

Reaction score
Definitely meebo, it's free and offers the best service as far as anything I've used goes.

josh

Reaction score
I tried eBuddy first but it had some serious display issues. Next I went to Meebo and it's been pretty good and has a nice interface.

Baconstrip

Reaction score
Try Palringo, I used to use it with WinMo and it seems to still work pretty well in Android :)

SDiener72

Reaction score
I wish yahoo would make yahoo messenger, not third party.

Meebo is okay you can see avatars,but you cant send or receive files.

Why isnt yahoo making apps for android.

The yahoo go app sucks, doesnt show avatars or peoples pics