Problem regarding the IM apps...

Deano2423

Reaction score
I've tried Ebuddy, Meebo, and Nimbuzz so that I could be connected to aim and FB chat 24/7, I don't prefer any particular one, however the same problem occurs with all of them. I constantly get disconnected. Ebuddy, I won't even know I am dissconnected, and Meebo and Nibuzz won't reconnect when I am dropped. Nimbuzz in particular just says reconnecting forever but never does so.

Anyone know if there is anything I can do about this? I'd really love a fully functioning IM app.

Thanks in advance.

syntax53

Reaction score
I've also tried ebuddy and meebo and have stuck to meebo for now. Though I agree that neither of them are a complete package. I like ebuddy over meebo in every way except for the fact that, like you said, when you get disconnected you have no idea. That makes it pretty useless... so I use meebo. Meebo keeps me connected and the only time I get disconnected (for the most part) is when I'm on a call for a long time which is expected because of network limitations, in which case it almost always reconnects automatically (requiring me to close those annoying AIM alerts about being signed on twice).

The only two things meebo lacks for me personally is the ability to only play a sound/vibration notification for NEW conversations only (it beeps/vibrates for every message while i'm talking to someone), and the ability to specifiy which IM account you want to send the message from when you have multiple accounts for one service.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i like Meebo, and i use it for AIM. Seems the most like AIM to me so I stick with it.

for Facebook, i just use the FB app provided in the phone, good enough for me.

OP
D

Deano2423

Reaction score
My experiences with meebo have been mixed. While I don't get as many drops, when I do it also fails to reconnect and I notice that it is also a larger drain on the battery compared to ebuddy or nimbuzz. If only I could eliminate the drops or fix the reconnects.