Best Droid Apps

meannathan

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the response the facebook notifications are one that bothers me and is there a beta of Swype?

Bother you like you dont want them? They can be turned off

Bother you like you want more? Then you need to use a 3rd party app like Bloo, which is no longer in development.

The Swype beta has ended, but follow the link
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/28020-heres-swype-apk.html

Bloo is still being developed an update hit today and fixed some of the issues

hobby31

Reaction score
Try Big Button Keyboard. I too have big fingers and I used Big Button keyboard exclusively up and until I found swype. It is laid out different than most keyboards but once you get use to it it's very good.

ipawd1

Reaction score
I'm going to keep my apps MINIMAL:

Astro File Manager
FourSquare
GoogleTalk
MyBackupPro
Titanium Backup
Mini Info
Fandango/Movies
System
Where
Save MMS

Using the DESIRE ROM by Greek I have a news app, twitter, facebook, Fm Radio, FootPrints, FriendStream and stock. I dont need many apps. I used to have 80+ apps that all did the same things.

Aluminum21

Reaction score
the sports apps still suck on the droid, ESPN hasn't bothered with the android so the best bet is Live Scores which I still think sucks and only covers American sports

waylman

Reaction score
if you're a fan of attending live music, check out gigbox on the market. Killer app!
My other favs are DroidLive and NewsRob.

ldimick

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to the Droid and so far so good. I was just wondering what must have apps there are out there. I am def looking for a better keyboard as the droid one is so close together. Is there a better one out there that allows more space between letters, (basically fat fingers lol). Also any other cool,fun,usable apps. Lastly I was wondering what faceboook app is best for this. I know the droid stock sucks for notifications and was wondering what would be best for that? Thanks for all the help.
Martin

Another one of these threads? Please, my friend, use the Search function.

Normally I agree with requesting users to use the search option. However, apps change frequently. I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing to review the status of apps every 3-4 months.

Greenham

Reaction score
the sports apps still suck on the droid, ESPN hasn't bothered with the android so the best bet is Live Scores which I still think sucks and only covers American sports

Have you tried Spots Tap? Live sports updates, and you can set the sport/update interval.