Money/Checkbook/Finance Apps

QiG

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of what is basically a checkbook app. I was using checkbook free, but I'm wondering if there is one out there that has a widget for quick transaction entries? I basically never carry cash and I'm looking for the best way to track all the transactions I do a day. Thanks

OP
QiG

QiG

Reaction score
No, I don't write checks very often (in fact, I just wrote out my rent check, #179 from the initial starter packs I got when I opened my account in 2004). I use my debit/credit card for everything and in a day that could be several times and that's where I lose track. I bank with Key (love them) and some things could show on their web page instantly or not for a few days. Even going out and using my card for a tipped purchase (restaurants/bars) will show the authorized amount (bill without tip) until it's fully cleared.

Unfortunately, I'm broke enough to want to know exactly where I'm at, at all times. I paid rent today and I know I'll have student loans deducted on the 5th, so it'd be a useful tool to have so I can punch in those fixed expenses as I get paid because even if I check the website and it's up to date, I'd still have to calculate expenses every time I look at the balance until the auto-deductions are removed.

I tried the BoA app but it didn't seem to be what I needed. Thanks for the suggestion though.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of what is basically a checkbook app. I was using checkbook free, but I'm wondering if there is one out there that has a widget for quick transaction entries? I basically never carry cash and I'm looking for the best way to track all the transactions I do a day. Thanks

You are going to want to use Easy Money. It is the best I have found.
EasyMoney Android? application - An Overview
It costs 6.00 for the full version but its worth it IMO.

I had a Blackberry and used Ascendo Money which was the best for that platform. But its not going to be available on Android until 2010 they say.

The Professor

Reaction score
Does easy money or any other apps out there have a widget which shows upcoming bills?

wkndfun

Reaction score
Yes Easy Money you can set reminders. I just installed it and it looks veery good.

OP
QiG

QiG

Reaction score
Easy Money would be exactly what I need with the shortcut to a new transaction right on the widget but I don't really want the balance to be displayed on the widget and there's no option for PIN access to the app itself which concerns me. Maybe it's on the developers list?

johnnieeve

Reaction score
On my Treo 755P I was using Splash Money. In fact, I had the entire splash suites programs on the Treo and all worked very well. I'm waiting for these to show as a Droid application. Splash money is great, and it lived on both my treo and desktop for good backup. I love my Droid.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Easy Money would be exactly what I need with the shortcut to a new transaction right on the widget but I don't really want the balance to be displayed on the widget and there's no option for PIN access to the app itself which concerns me. Maybe it's on the developers list?

I dont use the widget but yes there is an option to set a pin number to enter the app. Ive done that myself.

JoeeDB

Reaction score

I dont use the widget but yes there is an option to set a pin number to enter the app. Ive done that myself.
Same here. To set a PIN, just go to settings then click security settings and you can do it there. The only thing it doesn't have is the add transaction button but it's literally only like 3 clicks from the home screen to add a transaction...

OP
QiG

QiG

Reaction score
Ahhh.. I see. The menu button has different options when looking at an account than the overview. Now that I found the PIN access option the only other thing I could want out of this app is masking the account balance on the widget, but I'll live. Thanks everyone!

mloewen

Reaction score
Sounds like you found what you need. I am using Checkbook Genius Hyper Edition. Basic check book with password option.

momentdroid

Reaction score
Checkbook (basic) seems to be a very simple solution to managing the old finances. It does have a password, and it keeps track of basic withdrawals and deposits. Pretty simple and seems to work well.

tasha21

Reaction score
I really like the reports that EasyMoney offers as they let me compare my past spendings. The budget planner with the health bar(shows either green, yellow or red) makes me think twice before purchasing something. I have also not paid a single late fee since I started using the bill reminder in the app. It is the best finance app I ever used!

EasyMoney - The Best Expense Tracker & Budget Planner Android App